The Rays Series, June 24-26

Frobby

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't feel sorry for them, they've got a much better farm system than we do and apparently that's more important than winning now is...

I don't think their farm system is as loaded as it was 6-8 years ago. They had that nice little window where it seemed like every pitcher they brought to the majors had success and every time they traded a good player the prospects they got in return panned out. But now it feels like their low budget has caught back up with them.

I don't think their farm system is as loaded as it was 6-8 years ago. They had that nice little window where it seemed like every pitcher they brought to the majors had success and every time they traded a good player the prospects they got in return panned out. But now it feels like their low budget has caught back up with them.

I think that's true about their system right now. Of course that could turn around quickly, especially with a few real bad seasons/early picks. But IMO they'll be running very much uphill as long as they're stuck playing in that ballpark, and probably as long as they're in Tampa/St Pete.

I think that's true about their system right now. Of course that could turn around quickly, especially with a few real bad seasons/early picks. But IMO they'll be running very much uphill as long as they're stuck playing in that ballpark, and probably as long as they're in Tampa/St Pete.

Losing Maddon seems to effected them. Cash isn't a bad manager by any means but Maddon was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate the fact they are on a 7 game skid. The odds of them losing 11 in a row are slim.

Shoot for 3-1, I guess.

We went 4-0.

The Rays' losing streak is now at 11 games.

NOW, I hope that they snap that skid when they play the Red Sox tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

July 15-17 Series

Bump...I'm too lazy to do a whole new thread on this weekend's series. We saw two of the same starters (Moore and Odorizzi) the last time we faced Tampa. We'll also see Archer in the opener. He's always dangerous, but we have scored 6 runs off him in 11.2 IP this year. We've scored 8 in 13.2 off of Moore, and 10 in 16 against Odorizzi. Any of those guys are capable of having a good game, as we know. In July, each has had two starts, with Moore and Archer pitching pretty well, Odorizzi getting hammered.

Tampa's offense is now dead last in the league, and they have only scored 23 runs in 10 games in July. I'm not sure if Kiermaier is being activated off the DL today, but if so that will help a little. Souza came off the DL in early July but has not been hitting well, and Jennings has gone on the DL since then.

It's easy to be overconfident after sweeping a four-game series with the Rays in June, but it won't be that easy in their ballpark. I'm looking for a low-scoring series and some close games.

I never like going to Tampa Bay, it might not be as frustrating on a play to play basis as Toronto is, but it's downright depressing to look at on TV and probably doesn't play any better in person. No wonder our offense never does well there. Not thrilled about facing Archer the first game back, but hopefully his struggles continue. Just win the series and I'll be happy.

I never like going to Tampa Bay, it might not be as frustrating on a play to play basis as Toronto is, but it's downright depressing to look at on TV and probably doesn't play any better in person. No wonder our offense never does well there. Not thrilled about facing Archer the first game back, but hopefully his struggles continue. Just win the series and I'll be happy.

Well, our offense typically doesn't do well there because traditionally they have a very good pitching.

I'm more worried about Gallardo than anything.

For those that have never been to the Trop, don't bother. It's terribly depressing from the amorphous mascot to the droning cowbells. The team is boring and Kevin Cash has lost the clubhouse causing their uninspired play. The Rays will probably have a fire sale soon where everybody but Archer is vulnerable. All that said, I'm going tonight wearing my 60th anniversary shirt and hope to see many other O's fans.

Archived