vs. RAYS, 6/25 DH Game 1

Sessh

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just going to ask whether we might see Drake for the SV with Britton having pitched 2 of the last 3 nights. Knock on wood, hopefully Britton is not needed now.

It will be interesting to see how Buck plays it here in his bullpen management.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Id give Gausman one batter. If he gets an out, he gets another.

I would agree with you except the Orioles have a comfortable five run lead. If Gausman allows one baserunner, it's not a big deal. Let him complete the eighth before turning it over to Drake or McFarland in the 9th.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Kjerstad hits first pitch back for a HR
    • There is an organizational philosophy which is probably similar throughout baseball.  It’s up to the individual player to execute it.  No one is telling Cowser to foul off a fastball down the middle and then swing at a breaking pitch a foot outside.   No one is telling Gunnar or Rutschman to swing at pitches out of the zone on 3-2 pitches. The golden rule is to put your best swing on a pitch you can drive when you have less than two strikes.  Pretty simple.   No one preaches to swing at pitches out of the strike zone.   Now some of these guys have come to the major leagues waiting for the perfect pitch (Henderson & Cowser) and had to adjust.  Adley has probably had ongoing conversations about what they preach and what he’s comfortable with.  I believe Adley takes (maybe it’s changing) the first pitch more than any hitter in MLB.   That’s going to lead to walks but it also leads to a lot of 0-1 counts when pitchers aren’t afraid of you hitting the first pitch.  As we know, sometimes the first pitch is the best one you’ll see.   I don’t know what his stats are regarding 1st pitch this year compared to last.  I’ll have to check. Hyde talks all the time about having good at bats.  That’s Hyde for not swinging at pitches out the zone.   Easier said than done.   I certainly don’t believe the FO is telling the hitting coaches to tell all of the hitters to be more aggressive.   O’Hearn has been less aggressive.  Mountcastle had been trending in that direction.  I’m sure they would love to see all of their hitters to emulate O’Hearn’s approach.  Easier said than done.
    • I had to stop watching after about the sixth inning because I had to work, but I was confident that the game was lost, the streak was over, and our long national nightmare was just starting. I was very surprised that we won, because the managing was bad and the hitting was bad, although it wasn’t really bad 11 hits is nothing to be ashamed of. I was also not surprised that we won, because this is a good team. When Mateo backed up that play at short, and the runner couldn’t score,  that was a great fundamental baseball play, and it’s one of the little things that the Orioles do that will continue to separate them from the rest of the league. The New York series showed a really sloppy team, and we’ve played several really sloppy teams. The orioles aren’t sloppy. Despite the problems, it’s still a great team.
    • I think the Grayson/Means load management pot hole is just a few parking spaces over from the Ubaldo "you stink" pot hole.
    • Let Mayo DH and O’Hearn play RF. Let’s be honest here… O’Hearn is a better RF than Kjerstad. Now is a good time to get Mayo up and just let the dude DH. 
    • It's been announced that all the teams playing in Christmas Wednesday will play the Saturday before.   Looks like we will play the Steelers that Saturday.   Houston will play KC on Saturday.    Based on leaks that have supposedly been veriied by CBS sports, here is what is known about our schedule: Week 1 Thu Sept 5 @KC Week 2 Sun Sept 15 home opener vs Raiders Week 4 Sun Sept 29 8:20 pm Sunday Night Football vs Bills Week 16 Sat Dec 21 vs Steelers Week 17 Wed Dec 25 at Texans
  • Popular Contributors