How much longer does Caleb get?

Shabadoo25

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of July.

As I just posted on the game thread, coming into today Caleb had come to the plate with 41 men on base, and he's still looking for his first RBI. He was hitting .133 with RISP, including 2 singles that didn't knock in a run.

Pena is hitting .190 in AAA. CJ gets a long leash. His offense is not important now that his role is purely to back up Wieters.

Perez is slashing .292/.355/.406 which is better than what Caleb is giving us, I'd give him a shot. That said I have no idea how his defense is.

In all seriousness though, Sisco has been hitting quite well at AA all year.

Should we consider bringing him up sooner rather than later to take Joseph's role?

He's hitting .307/.399/.398 through 69 games.

I'm assuming he'd be a prime September call up candidate otherwise........but isn't it reasonable to think he might be able to give us more than Caleb right now?

Note that Sisco is 21 years old.

In all seriousness though, Sisco has been hitting quite well at AA all year.

Should we consider bringing him up sooner rather than later to take Joseph's role?

He's hitting .307/.399/.398 through 69 games.

I'm assuming he'd be a prime September call up candidate otherwise........but isn't it reasonable to think he might be able to give us more than Caleb right now?

Note that Sisco is 21 years old.

Can you imagine Buck with a 21 year old Catcher on his roster?

Can you imagine Buck with a 21 year old Catcher on his roster?

Uh, yes. :) As I said, I'm pretty sure he'll be up by September at the latest. You'd have to think he'll be here by 22 right? Is that that big of a difference?

Archived