How much longer does Caleb get?

Shabadoo25

First off I think he's been regressing on defense as well.

Secondly his bat was fine in the minors (755 OPS) but he was almost always old for his level. For instance in 2013 he put up a 840 OPS in AA, but he was 27.

How so? The only stat that is up is ERA when he's catching and he's had the unfortunate job of having to catch Jimenez in most starts.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How so? The only stat that is up is ERA when he's catching and he's had the unfortunate job of having to catch Jimenez in most starts.

His metrics have been trending downwards, but I think that's just the noise in the data settling out. I don't think his actual performance has changed.

That was mostly opinion and mostly the eye test.

It very well might have been a product of catching Ubaldo a disproportionate amount of the time.

Since he is a backup catcher, he never will play that much.

Of course we all know that but he wasn't playing AT all while on the DL! How about giving the guy a chance? It has to take some time for most players to shake off rust from a DL stint, don't you think?

Caleb is one of my favorite Orioles, but hard to not think this. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I will say this. Pena isn't very good with the bat either but he had put some heat on Joseph no doubt.

I have a hunch we sign MW long term but we will see.

I really hope we don't sign MW long term. Catchers almost always burn out. Tough position on your body.

Archived