Buck's post game comment

accinfo

?We?re a little challenged there, but we have been all year,? Showalter said. ?Tyler Wilson gets some of the arm strength back and the command he had, and Yovani (Gallardo) is going to have a good post All-Star break, hopefully, and we?re going to do some other things we?re thinking about. We?ll keep searching for that.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/07/showalter-on-jimenezs-start-not-very-good.html

To me the "other things we're thinking about" has to be starting Dylan Bundy. I think that is the only thing they really can do that has the best chance of working. Start him now and hope you can get until rosters expand then they may have more options if Dylan needs to be shut down. I think they look hard for signs of fatigue like velocity drops, etc more then just a definitive number of innings. From just a pure fan point of view I get much more juiced to watch Bundy then Ulbado or Wright.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
?We?re a little challenged there, but we have been all year,? Showalter said. ?Tyler Wilson gets some of the arm strength back and the command he had, and Yovani (Gallardo) is going to have a good post All-Star break, hopefully, and we?re going to do some other things we?re thinking about. We?ll keep searching for that.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/07/showalter-on-jimenezs-start-not-very-good.html

To me the "other things we're thinking about" has to be starting Dylan Bundy. I think that is the only thing they really can do that has the best chance of working. Start him now and hope you can get until rosters expand then they may have more options if Dylan needs to be shut down. I think they look hard for signs of fatigue like velocity drops, etc more then just a definitive number of innings. From just a pure fan point of view I get much more juiced to watch Bundy then Ulbado or Wright.

They may spot start Bundy but I think they trade for a SP.

They may spot start Bundy but I think they trade for a SP.

Problem is the Orioles need more than one starting pitcher. Wilson has a 6.62 ERA in his last nine starts. He's been just as bad as Wright and Jimenez since mid-May. They need to get him out of the rotation by the end of July if not sooner.

Problem is the Orioles need more than one starting pitcher. Wilson has a 6.62 ERA in his last nine starts. He's been just as bad as Wright and Jimenez since mid-May. They need to get him out of the rotation by the end of July if not sooner.
If they can get a Hellickson type to replace Wilson, they can make do with #5 round robin of Worley, Bundy, and Despaigne.

No way! It's DD making a trade. He's going to pull something off.

Exactly. Tillman, Gausman and pray for 3 days of rain. Hopefully Gallardo will be decent.

I think Bundy needs to start some games. Ubaldo needs to used out of the BP in

mop up duty. I like him and will support him. I wonder what's happened to his

pitching? Injury or mechanics? I will leave that Buck and DD to figure out.

Unless they empty the farm for more pitching, I don't see much hope here. Toronto is coming on and should have control of this division by deadline if the situation runs it's present course. Wright and Wilson have been horrific failures from a development point and I put a lot of the blame on Wallace, who continues to escape scrutiny and accountability like Houdini. From my perspective, putting Bundy in the starting rotation would be a colossal blunder, much worse than the Orioles' continued waste of roster space on Jimenez. Unless big time moves are made here soon, we have all the makings of a club headed for fourth place.

Make small moves and and see if anything sticks. Maybe there is a pitcher than needs a change of scenery, a mechanical adjustment or a chance. At the 2012 deadline the Angels gave up the farm to get Zack Greinke for two months. The Royals acquired Jeremy Guthrie who had been awful for the Rockies for very little. For the remaining two months of the season Guthrie was probably as good as Grienke.

Go get Rich Hill with whatever is needed. DFA Ubaldo. Let Worley and Despaigne alternate the five slot. Tillman, Gausman, Gallardo, Hill, Worley/Despaigne. Let Wright and Wilson continue to work at Norfolk- maybe they will be able to figure something out and help later if Worley/Despaigne doesn't work out. Keep Bundy where he is.

Unless they empty the farm for more pitching, I don't see much hope here. Toronto is coming on and should have control of this division by deadline if the situation runs it's present course. Wright and Wilson have been horrific failures from a development point and I put a lot of the blame on Wallace, who continues to escape scrutiny and accountability like Houdini. From my perspective, putting Bundy in the starting rotation would be a colossal blunder, much worse than the Orioles' continued waste of roster space on Jimenez. Unless big time moves are made here soon, we have all the makings of a club headed for fourth place.

Wallace has almost nothing to work with. That really isnt a fair statement.

have Wright and Wilson been worse than Eduardo Rodriguez from a development perspective? Where they much to begin with?

have Wright and Wilson been worse than Eduardo Rodriguez from a development perspective? Where they much to begin with?

Eduardo Rodriguez doesn't pitch in Baltimore. He's also had injuries if we are hunting for excuses. By all accounts Wright and Wilson have been healthy at least.

I think Bundy needs to start some games. Ubaldo needs to used out of the BP in

mop up duty. I like him and will support him. I wonder what's happened to his

pitching? Injury or mechanics? I will leave that Buck and DD to figure out.

I saw an article about him. It used videos to show the difference between Ubaldo in Colorado when he threw a no-hitter and Ubaldo now in Baltimore. Back a few years ago, when he completes his windup and actually launches the pitch, he arm goes back in order to sort of sling the ball to the plate. However, at the very end of this motion, his arm tightens up, which gives the ball its velocity and direction. The video from Baltimore shows a similar motion. However, when he actually launches the ball, his arm doesn't have the force to give the ball its velocity and direction. So when he slings the ball in, who knows where it will end up. This is because he is 30+ years old, has pitched a lot of innings and he no longer has the arm strength, so his velocity has dropped. Ubaldo needs a lot of work and coaching to adjust to this loss of arm strength and velocity. Basically, he needs to earn how to pitch all over again. And the only place to do that is at AAA with a lot of coaching. Or else being used in bullpen mop-up chores while Wallace/Chiti/R Martinez work with him on the side. I would hope that the fans will support him in these efforts rather than booing him each time he pitches. I'm sure that the Norfolk fans will be delighted to have him and will greet him accordingly.

Archived