I still put my money on Mullins

Thats Baseball

Yeah, 3 for 4 tonight but no RBI's, no walks, no homers, no triples, no steals, and he did get caught trying to steal.  .577 batting average.  

You have to be pretty good to increase your batting average 2 straight games when you were already hitting over .500.    

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bobmc said:

Dare I?  The next Mookie!  *

*Wilson

That's better than Mookie Blaylock.  

Quick quiz - what band originally named themselves Mookie Blaylock?  No peaking.

No, "No peaking" was not the name of the band.  9_9

13 hours ago, Ruzious said:

That's better than Mookie Blaylock.  

Quick quiz - what band originally named themselves Mookie Blaylock?  No peaking.

No, "No peaking" was not the name of the band.  9_9

Green Day?  

On 7/15/2016 at 11:27 AM, Ruzious said:

I'm a big fan - I think I was the only poster to put him in my top 10 O's prospects list. He's got the same kind of build as Betts, and with the success of shorter players like Betts and Altuve, his height shouldn't be held against him. The O's got great value for the 403rd pick in 2015!

He's got his OPS up to .756. He's steadily improved this season after a poor .597 April - .793 in May, .779 in June, and .847 so far in July. He's got much better pop in his bat than scouts gave him credit for: this season, he's got 19 doubles, 9 triples, and 8 homers. 22 steals and makes good on more than 75% of his attempts. I think he's the best CF prospect we've had in decades - certainly better than Avery was. And from all accounts I've read, he's an extremely likable guy who's easy to root for. It'd be great to see him get a promotion to Frederick by the end of the season.

Just wanted to say this post looks more and more prescient by the day 

Center fielder Cedric Mullins was named the Eastern League’s Player of the Week for April 6-16 after batting 455 (20-for-44) with five doubles, a triple, three home runs, eight RBIs, 15 runs scored, three walks and three stolen bases. He posted an .818 slugging percentage in 10 games.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/04/jason-garcia-outrighted-to-bowie.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Almost three weeks later and still no Mullins.  Either he had a set back or the reporting was inaccurate.  

He's been out of action for over a month now.  Must have been a pretty severe hamstring pull.  Two or three weeks is usually pretty standard for those things. 

On 5/22/2017 at 7:32 PM, ChuckS said:

Almost three weeks later and still no Mullins.  Either he had a set back or the reporting was inaccurate.  

He's been out of action for over a month now.  Must have been a pretty severe hamstring pull.  Two or three weeks is usually pretty standard for those things. 

Following up on this.  On May 4th, two weeks after the injury Mullins was nearing a return, now twenty three days later he is still not back and there has been no information.

Archived