I still put my money on Mullins

Thats Baseball

2 hours ago, POR said:

Following up on this.  On May 4th, two weeks after the injury Mullins was nearing a return, now twenty three days later he is still not back and there has been no information.

Cedric Mullins DHing at extended spring training. Close to returning from hamstring injury #orioles

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/15/2016 at 11:27 AM, Ruzious said:

I'm a big fan - I think I was the only poster to put him in my top 10 O's prospects list. He's got the same kind of build as Betts, and with the success of shorter players like Betts and Altuve, his height shouldn't be held against him. The O's got great value for the 403rd pick in 2015!

He's got his OPS up to .756. He's steadily improved this season after a poor .597 April - .793 in May, .779 in June, and .847 so far in July. He's got much better pop in his bat than scouts gave him credit for: this season, he's got 19 doubles, 9 triples, and 8 homers. 22 steals and makes good on more than 75% of his attempts. I think he's the best CF prospect we've had in decades - certainly better than Avery was. And from all accounts I've read, he's an extremely likable guy who's easy to root for. It'd be great to see him get a promotion to Frederick by the end of the season.

Wrong!  I guarantee he'll NEVER get a promotion to Frederick.  

I saw Bowie play last night.  Mullins was 2 for 4 with a sac fly.  He did bunt for a hit and it was perfectly placed.  Could be the O's first legit leadoff guy since Brian Roberts was healthy. 

Bowie's defense is terrible.  I believe there were only 2 errors, but there were many plays that weren't made that should have been made.  Backup catcher couldn't throw anyone out--I guess that's why he's the backup catcher, and middle infield defense was swiss cheese. 

12 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I saw Bowie play last night.  Mullins was 2 for 4 with a sac fly.  He did bunt for a hit and it was perfectly placed.  Could be the O's first legit leadoff guy since Brian Roberts was healthy. 

Bowie's defense is terrible.  I believe there were only 2 errors, but there were many plays that weren't made that should have been made.  Backup catcher couldn't throw anyone out--I guess that's why he's the backup catcher, and middle infield defense was swiss cheese. 

That was Chris O'brien who I didn't even realize was still in the organization. He had a pretty awful game allowing four stolen bases, not catching anyone, and made an error to boot. Add in an 0-for-2 with a strikeout and I'm sure that's a game he'd like to forget. He did walk twice though.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

That was Chris O'brien who I didn't even realize was still in the organization. He had a pretty awful game allowing four stolen bases, not catching anyone, and made an error to boot. Add in an 0-for-2 with a strikeout and I'm sure tat's a game he'd like to forget. He did walk twice though.

Just came back from suspension earlier this month.

Coincidently or not, Audrey Perez was transferred to Bowie after that game.

Archived