I still put my money on Mullins

Thats Baseball

He keeps it up and he could see Baltimore this season. 

Looking at his splits, he is 2 for 2 from the right side with a triple!  I'm going to try to avoid this Mullins thread for a little bit and see where he is in mid-May.  It does appear this kid has figured something out.  

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

He keeps it up and he could see Baltimore this season. 

Looking at his splits, he is 2 for 2 from the right side with a triple!  I'm going to try to avoid this Mullins thread for a little bit and see where he is in mid-May.  It does appear this kid has figured something out.  

Wow, just wow.

Its early but gotta be impressed regardless.

Dan says there are several signs at this points of Mullins being a "Natural Player".

1) Being one of five players in the minors last year with double figures in Double, Triples, Homers and Stolen Bases

2) Hitting 7 homers in ST this yaer

3) Probably being the O's fastest runner

This comes from Dan's opening day comments.  Pick it up at about -7:10 to go.  Indicator at the bottom right of the screen.

http://www.masnsports.com/media.php?show_id=3332823&p=2

16 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Dan says there are several signs at this points of Mullins being a "Natural Player".

1) Being one of five player in the minors last year with double figures in Double, Triples, Homers and Stolen Bases

2) Hitting 7 homer in ST this yaer

3) Probably being the O's fastest runner

This come from Dan's opening day comments.  Pick it up at about -7:10 to go.  Indicator at the bottom right of the screen.

http://www.masnsports.com/media.php?show_id=3332823&p=2

Boy Dan has a silver tongue.

21 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

3rd pitch of the game too.

IF he keeps playing like this (notice, IF), then I fully expect him up in September atleast.

And if not.....??????  ;-)  what does your boy Austin think?

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

And if not.....??????  ;-)  what does your boy Austin think?

Hoping to find out on Thursday when they have their home opener, as far as Austin's opinion.

If Mullins continues this run and isn't up in September...I'd consider it a huge miss. I gotta check to see if Mullins is Rule 5 eligible after this season.

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Hoping to find out on Thursday when they have their home opener, as far as Austin's opinion.

If Mullins continues this run and isn't up in September...I'd consider it a huge miss. I gotta check to see if Mullins is Rule 5 eligible after this season.

Players are eligible for selection in the Rule 5 draft who are not on their major league organization's 40-man roster and:

– were 18 or younger on the June 5 preceding their signing and this is the fifth Rule 5 draft upcoming; or

– were 19 or older on the June 5 preceding their signing and this is the fourth Rule 5 draft upcoming.

Born: October 1, 1994 (Age: 22-191d) in Greensboro, NC

Draft: Drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 13th round of the 2015 MLB June Amateur Draft from Campbell University (Buies Creek, NC).

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

3rd pitch of the game too.

IF he keeps playing like this (notice, IF), then I fully expect him up in September atleast.

Yeah, if he continues to hit .500 and hit 3 homers every 4 games, I agree he'll get called up in September.    

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, if he continues to hit .500 and hit 3 homers every 4 games, I agree he'll get called up in September.    

I think we should be sure to use perspective when looking at prospects, but I wish some on this board, especially the frequent posters who carry a lot of respect and weight in this community, could find a halfway point between rah-rah boosterism and sarcastic wet blanket. 

What Mullins has done since the beginning of last May is exciting. He started slow with a sub-600 OPS and since then has been the most productive all-around player in the entire system. He skipped a level and has been dominant through spring training and the first week of the season.

He is younger and at a higher level than Mancini was during his breakout 2015 season. He is a lead-off hitter in an organization with a ML team that doesn't really have one. He's an adept base-stealer in an organization bereft of speed. He's a scrappy, hardworking underdog fans love to pull for. Mullins is the first player I check for a line on each morning when I check Minor League games.  

30 minutes ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

I think we should be sure to use perspective when looking at prospects, but I wish some on this board, especially the frequent posters who carry a lot of respect and weight in this community, could find a halfway point between rah-rah boosterism and sarcastic wet blanket. 

What Mullins has done since the beginning of last May is exciting. He started slow with a sub-600 OPS and since then has been the most productive all-around player in the entire system. He skipped a level and has been dominant through spring training and the first week of the season.

He is younger and at a higher level than Mancini was during his breakout 2015 season. He is a lead-off hitter in an organization with a ML team that doesn't really have one. He's an adept base-stealer in an organization bereft of speed. He's a scrappy, hardworking underdog fans love to pull for. Mullins is the first player I check for a line on each morning when I check Minor League games.  

Yeah but what about the Frobby Xavier Avery downer line????  We seen this before....kidding aside - we are so bereft of optimism with our downtrodden system that any inkling of a break, a hope our Roy Hobbs pulls us out of our complacency!

Archived