I still put my money on Mullins

Thats Baseball

On 6/15/2017 at 11:04 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

I saw Bowie play last night.  Mullins was 2 for 4 with a sac fly.  He did bunt for a hit and it was perfectly placed.  Could be the O's first legit leadoff guy since Brian Roberts was healthy. 

Bowie's defense is terrible.  I believe there were only 2 errors, but there were many plays that weren't made that should have been made.  Backup catcher couldn't throw anyone out--I guess that's why he's the backup catcher, and middle infield defense was swiss cheese. 

Is Mullins' defense an issue? 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Finally, a good OFer. How does Hays look in the outfield? 

I'll differ that to some other guys. I haven't gotten to many Keys games this year. The few games I have been to, he seemed to be good for that level. Didn't see many balls hit his way in the air and most were pretty standard catches, no real tracking needed. 

Since returning from the DL, in 64 PA Mullins has a .250/.290/.393 slash line.     Before his injury, in 65 PA he had a .367/.406/.683 slash line.     So, I don't think we really know yet who the "real" Mullins is.   Hopefully he stays healthy the rest of the year and we'll find out.   

59 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Since returning from the DL, in 64 PA Mullins has a .250/.290/.393 slash line.     Before his injury, in 65 PA he had a .367/.406/.683 slash line.     So, I don't think we really know yet who the "real" Mullins is.   Hopefully he stays healthy the rest of the year and we'll find out.   

I had noticed that his right handed swing was off since his return, so I dig through the numbers to either confirm or deny what O was seeing.

As a LH batter since return: .293/.310/.488  9.8% K

As a RH batter since return: .133/.278/.133   46.7% K

1 hour ago, phillyOs119 said:

I had noticed that his right handed swing was off since his return, so I dig through the numbers to either confirm or deny what O was seeing.

As a LH batter since return: .293/.310/.488  9.8% K

As a RH batter since return: .133/.278/.133   46.7% K

He's .852 OPS on the year vs LHP.  2016 he was .632 with 100 AB's.  2015 he was .549 in 72 AB's.  

Definitely seems like he is much better from batting from the left side.  

Worse things than a Mullins/Rickard platoon (Hays can play CF against righties with Rickard in left or right). 

A 2019 OF of Mancini/Mullins/Hays isn't that unrealistic and probably would be pretty good defensively. 

37 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Worse things than a Mullins/Rickard platoon (Hays can play CF against righties with Rickard in left or right). 

A 2019 OF of Mancini/Mullins/Hays isn't that unrealistic and probably would be pretty good defensively. 

I understand why way say this, but really wish everyone would stop assuming Jones is gone after his contract is up. Jones will most likely retire an Oriole, signing a 3-4 year team-friendly deal. He's a vital locker room leader and loved by Buck, who will likely (hopefully) remain involved in some decision-making capacity with the organization if he's no longer holding the lineup card. A more realistic 2019 alignment would be AJ (LF), Mullins (CF), Hays (RF) with Mancini floating between 1B/COF/DH and Trumbo shipped off for a 24-year-old Double-A relief pitcher in a salary dump. 

26 minutes ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

I understand why way say this, but really wish everyone would stop assuming Jones is gone after his contract is up. Jones will most likely retire an Oriole, signing a 3-4 year team-friendly deal. He's a vital locker room leader and loved by Buck, who will likely (hopefully) remain involved in some decision-making capacity with the organization if he's no longer holding the lineup card. A more realistic 2019 alignment would be AJ (LF), Mullins (CF), Hays (RF) with Mancini floating between 1B/COF/DH and Trumbo shipped off for a 24-year-old Double-A relief pitcher in a salary dump. 

Why would Adam sign another team friendly deal?

I imagine he will go to whatever team offers him the best deal.  I imagine there will be other teams with less OF depth that could use him more.  

I'm not necessarily assuming he will be gone, but I'm not assuming he will be back either.  

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

Why would Adam sign another team friendly deal?

I imagine he will go to whatever team offers him the best deal.  I imagine there will be other teams with less OF depth that could use him more.  

I'm not necessarily assuming he will be gone, but I'm not assuming he will be back either.  

That's a bridge we'll have to cross later. Honestly idk how that situation will play out 

2 hours ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

Adam is gradually declining and so we have to question whether we'd want him back after 2018 even if it's a somewhat team friendly deal.    He was at 98 OPS+ last year and that's where he sits right now as well.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Adam is gradually declining and so we have to question whether we'd want him back after 2018 even if it's a somewhat team friendly deal.    He was at 98 OPS+ last year and that's where he sits right now as well.

And he can't stay healthy.  Would probably do him some good to sit once a week.

Archived