2016 All-Star Game Thread

OFFNY

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
479??? damn that was a bomb. If anyone can beat him in distance it's Stanton.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here's an exclusive picture of the new balls MLB commissioned for this year's Home Run Derby. <a href="https://t.co/ZqGrpib2zE">pic.twitter.com/ZqGrpib2zE</a></p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">July 12, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stanton goes 497 feet. Holy.</p>— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="

">July 12, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trumbo ended early because he just had to beat Seager. If he used all his time - like a minute and a half with the 30s bonus - he could have hit a lot more. Maybe 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true. He started slowly, but was on quite a roll at the end there.

Stanton might wanna quit and save himself for the next round. Sheesh.

He definitely looked to tire at the end. Going first, though, he sort of has to try and put as many on the board as possible. No way he could have known Cano would hit so few.

Personally I think they need to keep adjusting and trying new things with the rules. Why penalize guys for hitting moonshots? Hang time shouldn't detract from overall time. I think it should be about 2 minutes (maybe 1? Not sure) and time stops while the ball is in the air.

Archived