2019 team?

El Gordo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what I am most concerned about. You build a team from the top down. Good management and coaching is hard to find; players' date=' not as difficult.[/quote']

I would not be surprised if, after this season, PA talks to Dan and Buck about extending. Not sure if that will happen with Dan, after the Toronto escapade, but never say never. As to Buck, I'm sure PA wants to keep him here beyond 2018 if he can. Remember that the last extensions came when each still had two years left to go on their original deals.

I would not be surprised if, after this season, PA talks to Dan and Buck about extending. Not sure if that will happen with Dan, after the Toronto escapade, but never say never. As to Buck, I'm sure PA wants to keep him here beyond 2018 if he can. Remember that the last extensions came when each still had two years left to go on their original deals.
If we get to the WS you can bank on it.

Can some of you have a little optimism and say that we sign Manny? If I had a dollar for every time someone said, "there's no way we sign Davis" I'd have quite a bit saved up right now.

We signed AJ. We signed Davis. Manny's better than both. We'll sign Manny.

Bravo, good thoughts.

SP's:

1 Tillman Resigned 22 million

2 Bundy-Arb

3 Gausman-Arb

4 Harvey-Pre Arb

5 Wilson/Miranda/Peralta/Sedlock-Pre Arb

Bullpen

6 O'day-9 million

7 Givens-Arb

8 Wright-pre Arb

9 Scott-pre Arb

10 Meisenger-pre Arb

11 Cleavinger-pre Arb

12 Lee-pre Arb

1B Davis-23 million

2B Schoop-Arb

3B Sisco-pre Arb

SS Machado- 40 million

C MW-12 million

DH Mancini-pre arb

LF Rickard-arb

RF Trumbo-15 million

CF Jones-12 million

Bench:

Heim C-pre arb

Yaz OF-pre arb

Stewart OF-pre arb

Marin IF-pre arb

Grow the arms, buy the bats. Open checkbook.

That wasn't my point. Do all those guys look that bad to you?

It's all about the pitching. We may end up with something special with Harvey, Bundy, Gausman, Sedlock, Lee, Gonzalez, Akin, Dietz, Clevenger, Dietz, Akin, Bridwell, Garcia, Scott, Peralta. Of course, not all of these guys will hit. But we could end up in a position where our 2019 staff is better and relatively inexpensive.

We might start winning games a different way.

One other position player who hasn't been mentioned is Austin Hays.

We may also have four extra picks with QOs in 2017 and 2018.

Can some of you have a little optimism and say that we sign Manny? If I had a dollar for every time someone said, "there's no way we sign Davis" I'd have quite a bit saved up right now.

We signed AJ. We signed Davis. Manny's better than both. We'll sign Manny.

Problem is that we shouldn't have signed Davis, and now that we are stuck with him we have less $$$ available for Manny

Tony-OH says we will. But 162 deferred is sure not 400 million.

Sedlock has to be on the list of possible starters. Dan is talking about him potentially contributing this year, he should be ready for sure by 2019!

I would not bet on extending Tillman, but the rotation could be much improved simply by the loss of Ubaldo and Gallardo.

Archived