Will Britton Blow a Save?

Bahama O's Fan

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• My response to this O'Hearn is a platoon player who can't contribute to the team where it needs help the most ... against LHP. As far as Mountcastle goes, I would rather trust Alonso in a big spot/postseason than Mountcastle who made some of the worst swing decisions imaginable against KC. I don't want to see any more of that. We need experienced hitters (preferably RH) who won't panic when facing postseason pressure. Yes, I am very eager to make changes after two years and ZERO postseason wins.
    • No I don't.  I know Marcus Williams is the worst graded safety in football.   I agree Roquan hasnt been as impactful.  I disagree about Hamilton though.   Mac had 1 year as the Michigan DC. Other than that, his credentials were no better than Orr's.
    • I doubt it because Mac came with real credentials. BTW, I don't remember calling for Orr's job. I may have said that it looks like he's over his head a bit and right now, with all the mass communication issues that we've seen, it's hard to say that it's not been a struggle.  I unfortunately was listening to JLC the other day and he said the Ravens were much worse than they were last year in passing defense. I didn't pull the stats to see if he was right or not, but he ran off several things the Ravens were poor at. When I looked at the defensive stats today, the Ravens appear to be middle of the pack in passing defense in most categories so not sure what he's really talking about. I don't have the PFF grades since they locked most of it down now, but it does seem like Roquan and Hamilton have not been as impactful so far this year. Do you have the PFF grades?
    • Pete Alonso OPS+ 123 Ryan O'Hearn OPS+ 122 Yes, it's not an apples to apples comparison because Alonso got 600 PA and O'Hearn got 450 and was mostly protected against his weaker side, but where's the massive upgrade?   Pete Alonso rWAR 2.6 Ryan Mountcastle rWAR 2.6 Again, I ask where's the upgrade?   The eagerness of people to kick solid players to the side, guys who have been part of a historic turnaround, to bring in guys from outside the org who aren't really better, and far more expensive, is ridiculous.    
    • JD Martinez would be a more of the same kind of acquisition. He is not an impact bat and he is a periphery (around the margins) piece at this point. Why not set the bar higher and sign Alonso? Acquiring Pete Alonso allows you to move on from Mountcastle and put Mayo (where he belongs right now) DH. It also allows you to move on from O'Hearn.  Alonso gets everyday ABs and Mayo does. Those two things to a large degree help solve the lineup imbalance against LHP. I know Alonso will cost real money. But again who are we paying? The money is there. It's time to start using it (if we want to win in October).
    • Your full quote said to use him as a DH for 100+ games. If you are worried about him being covered through his injuries - how can you assume he wouldn't be injured at the end of the season, going into the playoffs?
    • Here’s an exercise… it’s the postseason and the bases are loaded. The Santa scenario. Who on our current roster would you rather have up over JD Martinez?  Same fact pattern as Santander’s AB. 
  • Popular Contributors