Machado vs Arenado

TradeAngelos

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to seeing Arenado and Story, and guys like Blackmon and Gonzalez put up good numbers but a lot of that is due to Coors. All of them drop about .150 points in OPS (or more) on the road.

At least we get to see Reynolds and Hundley again, I liked both of those guys. And Parra too... whose career is in such a tailspin that his OPS is under .700 -- including a robust .575 OPS on the road. Woof!

They have fans in the same sense that the Nats have fans. Fans go for something to do. I have a lot of family in the Denver area, and they're all rabid Denver sports fans. Even they describe Coors Field as "the best bar in Denver", which to me, basically means that the team on the field is irrelevant to why they're there. Great city, nice weather, beautiful park, and cheap ticket prices add up to a good way to spend a summer afternoon - no more, no less.

Pretty much.

I live in the Denver megalopolis and this accounts for half, pretty accurately. Fun setting, easy to be there for allot of the attendees.

For the fanatics, they're pretty much all disenfranchised over the years over the lack of starting pitching and seemingly lack of interest to improve the product on the field by ownership. I hear them bemoan how cheap and unwilling the owners are to invest in a winner again, possibly because of the other 50% not caring much.

I don't follow them, so I just give my neighbors an ear to vent to.

Pretty much.

I live in the Denver megalopolis and this accounts for half, pretty accurately. Fun setting, easy to be there for allot of the attendees.

For the fanatics, they're pretty much all disenfranchised over the years over the lack of starting pitching and seemingly lack of interest to improve the product on the field by ownership. I hear them bemoan how cheap and unwilling the owners are to invest in a winner again, possibly because of the other 50% not caring much.

I don't follow them, so I just give my neighbors an ear to vent to.

Spotract has their payroll at 118 million and #18 on the list.

Doesn't sound cheap to me.

Sounds midlevel for a mid market team.

Impossible to compare the two players offensively. One plays baseball on the moon for half of his games and the other does not.

Manny actually has a greater difference between Home/Away splits than Arenado does. I know Coors favors bats, but I think it's a bit ridiculous how much folks blow it out of proportion.

Impossible to compare the two players offensively. One plays baseball on the moon for half of his games and the other does not.

That's why we have OPS+. Manny's the clear leader. This season, his OPS+ is 141 vs Arenado's 125. For their careers, Manny has a 118 while Arenado has a 111.

Today's a big day for Rockies fandom - sounds like this is the right kind of anonymous road trip to debut a top prospect, David Dahl.

Another Arenado-Machado parallel - I imagine Rockies fans are watching his impending free agency the same as we are, and wondering if they'll get to enjoy his entire prime.

Re: pitching, they once had a fireballing international signee who came in second in the CYA one year. What was his name...?

;)

How quickly the mighty have fallen??? Have to admit, Ubaldo was KING out here for about two years...

Spotract has their payroll at 118 million and #18 on the list.

Doesn't sound cheap to me.

Sounds midlevel for a mid market team.

Coloradoans are a weird sort.

Their frustrations seem mostly colored by bad pitching. Go figure.

Manny actually has a greater difference between Home/Away splits than Arenado does. I know Coors favors bats, but I think it's a bit ridiculous how much folks blow it out of proportion.

It is not blown out of proportion. The Rockies' team OPS is 200 points higher at home than on the road, and their team ERA is more than 2 runs a game higher at home than on the road. That's very extreme and you have to view all Colorado stats through that lens.

By comparison, the Orioles' team OPS is 78 points higher at OPACY than on the road. The team ERA is actually about a run lower at home than on the road.

Archived