We have had discussions with MIN re: Santana and Abad

Sir_Loin

Why don't the Orioles consider trading Wieters for prospects or in an effort to acquire a decent starter? He is basically gone after this season so may as well get something for him. Caleb Joseph is good enough in my opinion to hold it down for the rest of this season and the organization is deep at the position for the future. Moving Wieters wouldn't really weaken this team much in my opinion.

Over Buck's dead body !!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Over Buck's dead body !!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is the point in trade deadline week where prices get insanely high. Pitching is there right now. Total stalemate. Should break soon.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">July 27, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm fond of Buck...so I wouldn't want that. lol

I know moving Wieters is not a popular idea to suggest. But it would be a ballsy move in my opinion. It'll never happen though.

I don't think moving the guy with two extra base hits on the season and an OPS+ of 30 into a starting role is a good idea.

His seven singles in the last week has brought his OPS up to a robust 482.

The Orioles were leading for the 2nd wildcard race as late as August 17th. In addition, they were tied with the Blue Jays six games behind the Yankees in the division at the time of the trade. The Blue Jays would go on the win the division by six games. It is very easy to say after the fact that the Orioles should not of traded Davis for Parra but much more difficult to do nothing when they were right in the middle of the race.

That may be, but using the Fangraphs/Baseball Prospectus playoff probability predictor they had roughly a 5 percent chance of making the playoffs a few days before the trade deadline. The clubs the Orioles would be battling for spots were making much bigger moves than the Orioles could possibly make (Toronto, for instance, getting Price, Tulowitzki, Revere, etc.). At the time of the trade I was arguing with Melewski on his blog that the Orioles were trying to draw to an inside straight and were paying for Parra's career year (I said he could easily revert to his norm, but it turned out he was worse than that). The idea that the Orioles had a reasonable chance of making the playoffs at this time last year was wishful thinking. They should have been dealing Davis and Chen for guys who could fill gaps this year or be flipped for the sort of players they could use right now.

Playoff teams don't sell high.

No, not typically. The last time we sold high on a player we got Chris Davis. The time before that we got Adam Jones and Chris Tillman.

We have three or four guys on the team who could potentially close. It makes sense.

Playoff teams don't sell high.

We dojt deal him now, but in the offseason? If we have no plans to lock Britton up its a no brainer if we can get a better package than yanks got for aroldis.

He's just upset that that we didn't do it more back when we were actually a bad team. And that whole "buyer and seller" thing is just being a seller.

I'm not sure if you are referring to me or not but trading from a strength could be a way to restock the cabinets. I wouldn't entertain it during the season though.

No, not typically. The last time we sold high on a player we got Chris Davis. The time before that we got Adam Jones and Chris Tillman.

We have three or four guys on the team who could potentially close. It makes sense.

They won't weaken the BP. Especially if they don't aquire a SP. We saw what it was like without O'Day. It exposed guys like Givens etc. I like a Brach, O'Day, and Britton pitching innings 7-9.

They won't weaken the BP. Especially if they don't aquire a SP. We saw what it was like without O'Day. It exposed guys like Givens etc. I like a Brach, O'Day, and Britton pitching innings 7-9.

Again, I don't think anyone is advocating for that now. It's in the offseason pending on how we feel about guys like Cleavinger/Scott and ultimately how far off they are, as well as what we may be able to pick up via FA.

Obviously I'd rather keep Britton then deal him, but if he is on the outs then moving him for a serious haul would be nice. Like I said, a couple months of Chapman got a top 20 level prospect in Torres who has all the looks of a stud SS, as well as a few other solid pieces. Britton has been one of the best in the game and will have more control than Chapman had at the time...

Again, I don't think anyone is advocating for that now. It's in the offseason pending on how we feel about guys like Cleavinger/Scott and ultimately how far off they are, as well as what we may be able to pick up via FA.

Obviously I'd rather keep Britton then deal him, but if he is on the outs then moving him for a serious haul would be nice. Like I said, a couple months of Chapman got a top 20 level prospect in Torres who has all the looks of a stud SS, as well as a few other solid pieces. Britton has been one of the best in the game and will have more control than Chapman had at the time...

I think they could get more now for Britton than during the offseason. It's moot anyhow imo. Buck won't allow Britton to be traded.

Archived