vs. RED SOX, 8/17

Sessh

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I WILL say this.This team would be much better off if they had even a mediocre road record. At .500 we wouldve been 4 or 5 games up. I believe the Oakland series will end up being the undoing of what was going to be a remarkable season.I could be wrong. I hope Im wrong. We needed to do the A's what the Red Sox are doing to us tonight.

That brings up an interesting point: When you're going good, you beat bad teams. The A's qualify. When you go and get handled by a bad team... not a good sign.

Wasn't there a certain youngster that came up in August to give that team a spark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on here made the analogy that Bundy emerging from the bullpen in some ways may be that guy for us this year, tonight's start notwithstanding. Even Manny had some blah nights from August to the end that year. He wasn't golden every night. Can't rule out any of our best hitters catching fire and putting the team on their back for a good stretch somewhere in these last 40-odd games.

Someone on here made the analogy that Bundy emerging from the bullpen in some ways may be that guy for us this year, tonight's start notwithstanding. Even Manny had some blah nights from August to the end that year. He wasn't golden every night. Can't rule out any of our best hitters catching fire and putting the team on their back for a good stretch somewhere in these last 40-odd games.

We play a lot of games at home and in Fenway. Show time is the next month and a half for the top 3 teams in the East.

WC game in MLB is BS. One game in a sport built around series play? Seriously, should at least play 3 games. I think that MLB should have the playoffs designed after the NBA's. I think that's the best way to go playoff wise.

Too hard to squeeze in, makes division winners wait too long.

Archived