vs. RED SOX, 8/17

Sessh

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the record, a lot of people are just venting. When you really care a lot about a team, you may be inclined to dramatic responses during a game, and making outrageous proclamations of doom. Sadly, this isn't about one bad game. This is about an entire team apparently going in the wrong direction.

Has it ever occurred to people that teams go through stretches of brilliance and failure? We're going through a rough patch, but I have hope. Need to be positive and keep the good vibes going.

I've only seen 4 winning seasons from this team in my life. Just let us win a WS in my lifetime, and I'll be happy. Pisses me off that everyone here is just a huge pessimist.

F THAT GOD DAMNED LETS GO RED SOX CHANT.

We'll be winning the WS this year. Doubters can SEETHE.

tumblr_men7kfZXo71qd8zg3o5_r1_250.gif

Does everyone really want to head back into the dark ages? That's what I'm getting from most of the people here. Oh, we've lost for 14 years and have been good for 4, let's head back to when we sucked and had hope in prospects that didn't turn out well. Doesn't matter who the GM is, winning is winning. Everyone needs to be a little more positive around here. I'd rather be competitive and get into the WC than finish under .500. KC was in the WC and got to the WS 2 years ago. We can still win. Everyone just needs to be a little happier here. It's like you guys aren't even fans, just gluttons for punishment who use baseball as their torture device. Are we losing? Yes, but we can still win the division or get into the playoffs, and playoff baseball is a crapshoot.

Too early to give up. Lots can go south on the Sox as well in the next 43 or whatever games. Yes, it's disheartening to be down vs. them in this game (and losing last night), but just when it seems this team is down, they show some heart. Maybe we're wrong (you and I, MD), but they've been down before and we're back in first a week or so later.

As I type this, tonight looks even worse, 8-1, but it was just Sunday they were down 7-1. Someone (Adam, hell - maybe Buck) in the dugout is gonna get disgusted and say "let's get these bastards, this is our house."

Has it ever occurred to people that teams go through stretches of brilliance and failure? We're going through a rough patch, but I have hope. Need to be positive and keep the good vibes going.

Hard to get juiced when your team is getting straight-up MURKED. More importantly, how can David Ortiz possibly justify that idiotic haircut at his age?

Not just that...but this offense was only elite for one month. The rest of the months they were either league average or below league average. We are who we are. It won't get better.

April was a little better than what you are giving them credit for. That being said what you say has truth but I still think we will have one more hot stretch in us.

Does everyone really want to head back into the dark ages? That's what I'm getting from most of the people here. Oh, we've lost for 14 years and have been good for 4, let's head back to when we sucked and had hope in prospects that didn't turn out well. Doesn't matter who the GM is, winning is winning. Everyone needs to be a little more positive around here. I'd rather be competitive and get into the WC than finish under .500. KC was in the WC and got to the WS 2 years ago. We can still win. Everyone just needs to be a little happier here. It's like you guys aren't even fans, just gluttons for punishment who use baseball as their torture device. Are we losing? Yes, but we can still win the division or get into the playoffs, and playoff baseball is a crapshoot.

I certainly don't want to go there. But then I didn't choose to go there when we were there. Every bit of what happens on that field is completely and totally beyond my control. We may yet win enough, but we certainly could also lose a bunch. Either way, me being "happier" on a board probably doesn't change the outcome much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived