vs. ASTROS, 8/18

Sessh

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And yes my new avatar is the tree that got struck by lightning during yesterday's game.

WP_20160818_11_04_15_Pro.jpg

Looks like a scrub pine. Planted three babies in my front yard mini-Everglades about two years ago and two of them are doing well.

I'd love to give him credit, but to me, all credit was lost when they gave up on him part of the way through spring training.

How much hang wringing would we have here if some team had taken him as a salary dump in March?

I think that was Buck not Dan. Buck decides who is on team he didn't want him so Dan had to get him to go down to minors, or release him. Dan kept him and Buck had to put him on roster.

Looks like a scrub pine. Planted three babies in my front yard mini-Everglades about two years ago and two of them are doing well.

It's part of a pack of three. They had done well since we moved there in '90 until it got hit yesterday.

As I said the needles are a huge pain.

Buzzards like to perch in them.

I'd love to give him credit, but to me, all credit was lost when they gave up on him part of the way through spring training.

How much hang wringing would we have here if some team had taken him as a salary dump in March?

I really don't think he tried very hard if at all. They really wanted him to go to the minors though.

Hasn't played in awhile. Gotta get the rust off again.
Too bad we ran into all those lefties. May have cooled off on the bench.

Yeah, he's probably just anxious to swing the bat. I'm glad he's back in the lineup.

Told my brother earlier today good things will happen to the offense with these two in the lineup.

It's part of a pack of three. They had done well since we moved there in '90 until it got hit yesterday.

As I said the needles are a huge pain.

Buzzards like to perch in them.

What I've been told is that scrub pines need those needles to keep the soil around their roots acidic. They weaken and yellow otherwise. All of Miami used to be nothing but pine, then it became an endangered species. I'm trying to cultivate an all-native plants yard here--haven't needed to water any of them the last two years!

I think that was Buck not Dan. Buck decides who is on team he didn't want him so Dan had to get him to go down to minors, or release him. Dan kept him and Buck had to put him on roster.

IF that's true, then good for Dan. I hope we can extend Kim's contract generously after all the b.s. we put him thru.

Archived