Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Show then your Orange carpet fob or card. You will get plan pricing.

I told them I was a plan holder and asked if they needed the account number. She said no. I assumed I got the plan pricing. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that I hadn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if you're a casual fan, you may not know you can avoid those fees by just walking up and buying your ticket at the gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ticketmaster is such a rip. Do it for concerts also. The C free in 2013 was $1.75 for the Orioles and now $6.25.

Team Con.Fee O.P. Other 1 Ticket 4 Tickets

CHC $4.75 $4.00 $1.51 $10.26 $29.04

NYY $5.80 $3.30 $9.10 $26.50

BOS $4.50 $7.00 $11.50 $25.00

KCR $4.25 $3.50 $7.75 $20.50

PIT $4.20 $2.75 $6.95 $19.55

TEX $4.00 $3.50 $7.50 $19.50

LAD $3.25 $5.10 $8.35 $18.10

MIN $3.50 $3.50 $7.00 $17.50

NYM $2.75 $6.00 $8.75 $17.00

TOR $3.14 $4.00 $7.14 $16.56

SDP $3.00 $3.50 $6.50 $15.50

DET $2.75 $4.10 $6.85 $15.10

PHI $2.00 $4.50 $6.50 $12.50

SFG $2.25 $3.50 $5.75 $12.50

HOU $2.00 $4.33 $6.33 $12.33

CWS $2.18 $3.50 $5.68 $12.22

CLE $2.00 $3.35 $5.35 $11.35

TBD $2.00 $3.30 $5.30 $11.30

WSH $1.75 $4.00 $5.75 $11.00

MIL $2.25 None $2.00 $4.25 $11.00

ARI $2.00 $3.00 $5.00 $11.00

BAL $1.75 $4.00 $5.75 $11.00

LAA $1.50 $4.95 $6.45 $10.95

MIA $1.75 $3.50 $5.25 $10.50

STL $1.50 $4.50 $6.00 $10.50

OAK $1.00 $4.25 $5.25 $8.25

SEA $1.10 $3.83 $4.93 $8.23

CIN $1.03 $4.00 $5.03 $8.12

ATL $1.50 $2.10 $3.60 $8.10

COL $1.00 $3.50 $4.50 $7.50

The proposed $420,000 cash settlement would end a two-year fight over the suit brought by John G. Bourgeois of Perry Hall. Bourgeois alleged that the city received illegal "user" or "convenience" fees from tickets sold through Ticketmaster and SMG for events at the arena between Aug. 1, 2011, and March 14, 2013.

Under terms of the settlement, the city would award $3 vouchers to every member of the class for future ticket purchases at the arena. That amount would be deducted from the city's profits.

Bourgeois targeted the sale of 920,621 tickets. His lawyers argued that the user or convenience fees on those tickets could total $4.3 million.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-ticket-fees-20160830-story.html

If I wanted to buy 2 $60 field box tickets to tonight's game from the Orioles right now, it would cost me $139.50. That's $9.75 per ticket in fees. That's beyond ridiculous.

Once again, a huge issue is communications with fans. I'm definitely not in the minority when I say I had no idea they stopped game day fees.

The response from the team that "we have a good product, people should come because our prices are fair already" is somewhat bothersome because obviously it isn't working. I think they need to reevaluate who is making decisions in regards to tickets, pricing and over all fan experience. They've dropped the ball many times this year from poor handling of rain situations to the season ticket fiasco.

Also, it used to be that to avoid ticket fees you could use use the "ticket vending machine" next to the warehouse. Yet if I walked 25ft further and used the box office window, I would have to pay a fee. How ridiculous is that? Apparently this isn't the case any more, but I had no idea since all these "policies" sent me to stubhub.

Some people in this thread is just oozing BS. Just went to Stub Hub and you can get into tonight's game for as low as $7.00. Get this, you can get a lower level seat for just over $13.00.

Either Baltimore has totally lost interest in the O's or Baltimore is a city of cheap asses. Wish I lived in the area. For that price, I wouldn't miss a game.

That is a point I make. I believe, without the Orioles suggesting especially during litigation, that the team to the south has affected the profitability in enormous fashion.

According to Frobes, WSJ and Baltimore Business Journal ,the Orioles are more profitable then before the Nationals came into town. MASN came into existence then. Before then the Orioles did not have a regional network and TV revenue was not big.According to some sources ,Angelos was lent money by the league before the Nats and is in better shape. No real way to tell exactly with out a balance sheet or income statement.

But a recent court fight with the Washington Nationals which owns the minority stake in the network revealed that MASN took in $163 million in revenue in 2012. The bulk of that went to Baltimore on top of the additional $29 million the team gets every year for local television rights.

http://fortune.com/2015/04/29/baltimore-orioles-empty-stadium-revenue/

That leaves a projected operating profit of $20.75M in 2014, plus the $46.85M MASN creates in profit. That comes out to $67.6M in profit every year, going primarily to Angelos (remember, he?s not the only owner). On a $400M asset, Angelos is getting what amounts to a dividend payment of 16.9%. On a $514M asset, the dividend payment is 13.15% That?s enviable. Certainly that seems like a yield that I personally would forgo at least part of in order to reinvest in my team because I like winning and it provides me significant utility.

There is an important caveat here that comes from the uneven shares of MASN. The money allocation favors Angelos and the Orioles because the Nationals impeded on his territory and devalued his asset. If the Orioles share an exclusive territory with someone else, their viewership can be halved or worse. 87% of MASN funds being channeled to the Orioles makes up for that loss. That is, but for the Nationals, the value of the Orioles would likely have grown more, and the annual take-home of Orioles ownership would be less. The smart thing to do would be to invest those funds in another asset to augment the growth of the Orioles

and hopefully reach a point in which the two assets together are worth as much as or more than the Orioles would be without the Nationals around.

http://baltimoresportsandlife.com/ownership-economics/

Also, it used to be that to avoid ticket fees you could use use the "ticket vending machine" next to the warehouse. Yet if I walked 25ft further and used the box office window, I would have to pay a fee. How ridiculous is that? Apparently this isn't the case any more, but I had no idea since all these "policies" sent me to stubhub.

Where you pay fairly significant ticket fees, as well....just saying, it kind of is what it is.

Some people in this thread is just oozing BS. Just went to Stub Hub and you can get into tonight's game for as low as $7.00. Get this, you can get a lower level seat for just over $13.00.

Either Baltimore has totally lost interest in the O's or Baltimore is a city of cheap asses. Wish I lived in the area. For that price, I wouldn't miss a game.

I've been going to games for 20 years and only last year did I start using Stubhub. It's unrealistic to expect the majority of fans to buy tickets from a third party, figure out how to use an app or eticket (or print from home). I'm not saying that stuff is difficult, but someone like my grandfather would rather call and pick up tickets at will call.

Where you pay fairly significant ticket fees, as well....just saying, it kind of is what it is.

Fees that are less than 50% of ones buying direct from the team.

The tickets I am sitting in tonight cost me $51.xx for two. Those same two are $139.50 from the Orioles. If more people were familiar with stub hub, more people would be at games.

I've been going to games for 20 years and only last year did I start using Stubhub. It's unrealistic to expect the majority of fans to buy tickets from a third party, figure out how to use an app or eticket (or print from home). I'm not saying that stuff is difficult, but someone like my grandfather would rather call and pick up tickets at will call.

Well, since I am an internet Grandfather, I am all about saving the money. :)

Thats why I use stubhub.

But, you are correct, I know many my age, that are barely able to use a cell phone and only for phone calls.

Fees that are less than 50% of ones buying direct from the team.

The tickets I am sitting in tonight cost me $51.xx for two. Those same two are $139.50 from the Orioles. If more people were familiar with stub hub, more people would be at games.

Have to wonder why some of the season plan holders aren't exchanging tickets for better games instead of taking a bath selling way below face value on stub hub?

Archived