Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. Win. And Support. Two ways. One Street.

No, I disagree. They want more support? Stop charging premiums for "prime" games that a lot of Baltimore residents can't afford. Don't tell the fan base "we can't afford/refuse to give the years required to land a top tier starting pitcher, then turn around and blow ~30mil AAV and two #1 picks on junk (Ubaldo, Gallardo, Miley). They want more money from me (the fans)? Spend the money the fans invest wisely, and the fans might be willing to give more of it.

I believe that support of winning teams by a fan base is a responsibility of a fan base. Not the other way around.

There are different ways to support the team. If the Orioles want fans in the seats, it is their responsibility to sell then tickets. If they can't sell fans on the experience at a price point that the fans are willing to pay, then they have badly miscalculated. A 20% price jump in one year was poorly thought out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they can't sell fans on the experience at a price point that the fans are willing to pay, then they have badly miscalculated. A 20% price jump in one year was poorly thought out.

Apparently, smaller but more frequent hikes would have been better. But be careful what you wish for -- scaling back payroll to minimize price hikes may be in order, and if so, the fans who wouldn't pay higher prices to see a winning team can't complain.

Apparently, smaller but more frequent hikes would have been better. But be careful what you wish for -- scaling back payroll to minimize price hikes may be in order, and if so, the fans who wouldn't pay higher prices to see a winning team can't complain.

We shall see how they handle this off season. Get the pricing out earlier I don't think that is so hard Holiday 4 packs.Try something new.

I was at the game last night, section 352 upper box. Almost NO ONE in the upper reserve seats behind me. The usher went up and one by one, invited people to move down to the upper box. Against the Yankees on a beautiful September Friday night, in the thick of a pennant race?

Orioles ticket office has a lot of blame, and needs an overhaul. I dread calling my season ticket agent (won't name him). Surly as all get out. And when I get other agents, so unhelpful. And besides the attitude, the Orioles lost their money in the bank by releasing invoices too late. The whole name of the game is to bank as many season ticket purchases as possible --- that's the revenue base --- then add individual sales as best as possible. So they messed up in the season ticket sales, then as others have pointed out, vast improvement is needed in marketing individual game sales, including seat location vs. price. Can't do much about lingering fears from the riots, but there's a lot the Orioles ticket office can control, but are doing a poor job.

To end on a positive, by and large, the in-stadium staff have great attitudes, and make me feel welcome for a night of fun. Concession sales in particular, much better than experience with, for example, the Caps concession sales.

I got my agent switched.I think I got one if the best now.I had like five different ones in six years Seemed to be high turnover.One went to do college football. Another running a minor league operation.One told me he could not take what went on.The lack of understanding of what fans were telling them and getting it communicated to higher ups.The we know what we are doing and don't like it you can leave.But my rep is great and without him would have left.

Anything that is not sold by game time drops like a rock. Seat geek and vivid seats are lesser known, so usually the inventory is a little better and the price is lower.

For the sold out Thursday game the O's played at Nats park we waited until the second inning and got some tickets for about a third of the price that were several hours earlier.

Vivid also has the 10 off 50 coupon every purchase.

Anywhere that doesn't allow to get in last minute with the stubhub app, I'll use vivid for the 10 off.

I've never seen one good deal on seatgeak but maybe that's just me.

Vivid also has the 10 off 50 coupon every purchase.

Anywhere that doesn't allow to get in last minute with the stubhub app' date=' I'll use vivid for the 10 off.

I've never seen one good deal on seatgeak but maybe that's just me.[/quote']

Many times, it's the same seats you see on all the different sites. Seat geek's fees are little cheaper than Stubhub.

For games that are in demand I've found seats on vivid seats plenty of times (for significantly under face around game time) when there was nothing left on stubhub.

This. Which was my point earlier in the thread. People have been complaining about spending the MASN money, the ownership steps up with spending (regardless of whether or not it was the most wisely spent) and the fans fail to show up.

How would you react if you were ownership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We shall see how they handle this off season. Get the pricing out earlier I don't think that is so hard Holiday 4 packs.Try something new.

Oh, I agree completely. Putting aside the amount of the ticket hike, the handling of it and the timing was a complete travesty.

On another note, the Weekend section of the Post has a full page ad announcing 2-for-1 tickets for the Nats' weekday games this week, plus coupons for 2-for-1 hot dogs, $2 CrackerJacks and 20% off merchandise purchased at the stadium.

Oh, I agree completely. Putting aside the amount of the ticket hike, the handling of it and the timing was a complete travesty.

On another note, the Weekend section of the Post has a full page ad announcing 2-for-1 tickets for the Nats' weekday games this week, plus coupons for 2-for-1 hot dogs, $2 CrackerJacks and 20% off merchandise purchased at the stadium.

Saw that ad.True marketing. What do the Orioles do for marketing to the fans? No ad in the Sun on Friday.Thursday ad was Division rivals meet at Oriole Park.Sunday ,Kids run the bases.Side note the Nationals sent me an email that no fees on tickets has been extended another day due to demand

That is always my point. i like the experience affordable and the product a winning team.

If they have to reduce payroll than so be it. I prefer cheaper tickets and payroll. I would actually prefer not to see Chris Davis strike out all the time. But he is already signed. I guess Wieters, Trumbo and Alvarez can go and be replaced by cheaper alternatives. But arbitration will eat up a lot of that savings.

If they have to reduce payroll than so be it. I prefer cheaper tickets and payroll. I would actually prefer not to see Chris Davis strike out all the time. But he is already signed. I guess Wieters, Trumbo and Alvarez can go and be replaced by cheaper alternatives. But arbitration will eat up a lot of that savings.

I think that some cost cutting might surprise us.

Archived