Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didnt look like too many people attended the game yesterday in the Trop.

Box score show attendance was 12,256

That is why it is comical that people say the Orioles are going to move. Teams like the Rays and the A's would move before the Orioles. Plus the Orioles own MASN they would lost that and control of the lucrative DC/Baltimore market. And attendance is up 5000 per game over 2010 / 2011 years. Plus tickets are more expensive. And the Orioles were highly profitable in 2010 and 2011.

What could happen? Payroll could be cut.

Didnt look like too many people attended the game yesterday in the Trop.

Box score show attendance was 12,256

That's more or less the attendance at the Trop year round. Usually even lower. I was at a game last month where the reported attendance was something in that range, but in reality I'd have guessed 6,000 people were in the seats.

That's more or less the attendance at the Trop year round. Usually even lower. I was at a game last month where the reported attendance was something in that range, but in reality I'd have guessed 6,000 people were in the seats.

I could hear individual conversations from the stands during the broadcast.

Three blocks from my house in a very upscale urban neighborhood - Four blocks from the governors mansion, there is a shooting each month. I just don't go there to buy drugs and I survive ok.

It doesn't bother me and it doesn't keep me from going to the games. Of course, I used to live in Baltimore City near Pimlico and on Charles Street, so I've done the urban thing. Others haven't and comfort levels vary. That said, 22 shootings in 3 days is a little startling.

It doesn't bother me and it doesn't keep me from going to the games. Of course, I used to live in Baltimore City near Pimlico and on Charles Street, so I've done the urban thing. Others haven't and comfort levels vary. That said, 22 shootings in 3 days is a little startling.

omar-nodoubt2.gif?w=650

And there was many Orange color hats and shirts in the crowd.

That is why it is comical that people say the Orioles are going to move. Teams like the Rays and the A's would move before the Orioles. Plus the Orioles own MASN they would lost that and control of the lucrative DC/Baltimore market. And attendance is up 5000 per game over 2010 / 2011 years. Plus tickets are more expensive. And the Orioles were highly profitable in 2010 and 2011.

What could happen? Payroll could be cut.

Tampa's payroll is about $47 mm. It has never exceeded $78 mm. They were able to compete in that range from 2008-13 by drafting and developing really well and pulling off some good low-budget acquisitions, but obviously it is very difficult to compete consistently on that budget and I wouldn't want to see the Orioles hamstrung in that way.

• 2 weeks later...
How about Ubaldo?

Gallardo and Miley have actually frustrated me even more than Ubaldo at his worst. I don't remember Ubaldo having an outing this year where he completely crapped the bed after his team provided him with a ton of run support like Gallardo has tonight and Miley did against the Astros. Those two guys are the absolute worst.

Archived