Bobby Dickerson

evenparthrough9

Sent Hardy on Jones' single with one out.

Didn't send Stubbs on Manny's fly, which was the second out of the inning.

I don't know about either of those decisions. With 1st and 3rd and one out (if Hardy is held) chances of scoring are 63%. With bases loaded and two out (after Manny's fly), chances of scoring are 32%. Throw in the speed of the two runners involved, I think both decisions were bad (even though Hardy was almost safe).

Sent Hardy on Jones' single with one out.

Didn't send Stubbs on Manny's fly, which was the second out of the inning.

I don't know about either of those decisions. With 1st and 3rd and one out (if Hardy is held) chances of scoring are 63%. With bases loaded and two out (after Manny's fly), chances of scoring are 32%. Throw in the speed of the two runners involved, I think both decisions were bad (even though Hardy was almost safe).

I didn't see the game but wonder why Buck didn't pinch run for JJ.

As I said in the game thread, I think Dickerson is a terrific 3rd base coach. Just because he doesn't have a perfect record doesn't mean he's not a great coach. He's very aggressive and it's lead to a lot of runs that most fans don't think about because the ball is way up the line or cut off without a play. Some coaches would have held the runners in those situations, Dickerson sent them to stay aggressive.

I remember some really disappointing 3rd base coaches from the past. We're lucky to have Dickerson.

As I said in the game thread, I think Dickerson is a terrific 3rd base coach. Just because he doesn't have a perfect record doesn't mean he's not a great coach. He's very aggressive and it's lead to a lot of runs that most fans don't think about because the ball is way up the line or cut off without a play. Some coaches would have held the runners in those situations, Dickerson sent them to stay aggressive.

I remember some really disappointing 3rd base coaches from the past. We're lucky to have Dickerson.

After seeing same OF throw out Hardy I can understand why Stubbs was held. I thought Manny hit that ball harder than he did.

I'm fine with Dickerson in general. I just didn't like those two decisions, especially in juxtaposition to each other.

Buck was asleep again not pinch running for Hardy and Dickerson not sending Stubbs our pinch runner was dumb.

You might disagree with Buck not pinch running for Hardy, but he wasn't asleep. He just explained his thinking in the presser. Basically, in a tie game at home, he doesn't do it. If we'd been down a run, he would have.

And they actually asked him, for once!

Dickerson is really the most aggressive 3B coach I have ever seen. I mean, he's aggressive for little league. Most of the time, I like it. I was not surprised he sent Hardy. And given how poorly we get runners home, I don't have a problem with it. Surprised he held Stubbs later in the game.

The best we ever had was of course Cal Sr. But I remember thinking Demarlo Hale was excellent. The worst.... hands down... Tom Treblehorn.