At what point do you stop running Schoop out there?

McLovin

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I definitely don't think he should lose his starting job, but it would be nice to give him a game or two this week. Maybe a little rest will give him a second wind. Also, I'm guessing Flaherty will be on a potential post season roster, so some PA's may do him some good.

Flaherty has done well in the post-season for the O's (two homers, filled in at crucial spots). I don't doubt that Buck remembers that, but starting him yesterday would have gotten him some much-needed (I assume) action.

I think that the time to rest Schoop has past.

While I agree that Flaherty should have spelled him a few times the last six weeks or so I want Schoop in the lineup until a wildcard

berth has been secured. While Flaherty is no slouch at second, I think Schoop is a huge part of the infield defense.

The time has come and gone. At this point we have to ride it out. Only way I see Buck playing Flaherty is if he has big number against a certain SP.

Even though Schoop is young he seems like he is the quiet leader type and his rock solid in the infield. Just gotta hope he figures it out. Schoop and jones look like they got too concerned with hitting 30 homers.

Schoop has started 156 games. So...every single game this season.

I have no idea what Buck thinks when he drives his veterans/favs into the ground. I also have no idea why Stubbs continues to get any meaningful ABs. 26 plate appearances: .143/.308/.143 - .451 OPS. He has 3 hits as an Oriole...and I think at least one of those was an IF hit.

To put things in perspective, Kim has 43 plate appearances in September.

Schoop has started 156 games. So...every single game this season.

I have no idea what Buck thinks when he drives his veterans/favs into the ground. I also have no idea why Stubbs continues to get any meaningful ABs. 26 plate appearances: .143/.308/.143 - .451 OPS. He has 3 hits as an Oriole...and I think at least one of those was an IF hit.

To put things in perspective, Kim has 43 plate appearances in September.

To keep things in perspective, I think whatever Buck does, you will find fault with the mind.

The man is far from perfect, but with a 40 man roster, and just 10 positions to fill, leaves of room to question.

I think 11 of the 17 games that Stubbs has played in, was as a def sub.

To keep things in perspective, I think whatever Buck does, you will find fault with the mind.

The man is far from perfect, but with a 40 man roster, and just 10 positions to fill, leaves of room to question.

I think 11 of the 17 games that Stubbs has played in, was as a def sub.

Well, there are a million decisions that go into a baseball season for a manager. So obviously there is going to be fault. But I don't think it's defensible to start guys every single day of the season...or bat guys with little to no OBP at the top of the lineup so much. But I digress.

I truly believe Buck is the best all around manager in baseball. Maybe Maddon would be my "Grasses Greener" guy. But that's pretty awesome that we have someone of his caliber on our side.

He's been one of the very least productive hitters in baseball over the second half. His .241 OBP is the worst in all of baseball in the second half.

But they keep running him out there, and letting him swing at every single pitch.

It literally can't get worst throwing Flaherty out there. I mean, Schoop's already got being the worst on lock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Schoop is a good 2nd baseman. A better player than Ryan F. You play the best players even if he is in a slump.

Buck really does a poor job of resting players. It may be my imagination, but I see a lot of games where the opponent is resting a guy and they don't fall apart.

Team is fighting for a playoff spot. Do you really want to play someone not as good? The offseason is a good time for rest. I know Schoop is in a slump. But he is better than Ryan even during a slump. IMO

It may be the folks asking Buck the questions that read this place for ammo. Each and every day. Heck, There may even be a screen name or two from here that speaks with him.

I speak to Buck pretty often during games. But he never answers, even when he's right there on the screen. :wedge:

Archived