Buck Stuff

ChuckS

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know who asked him the question last but Buck was pissed that he asked. The guy said, "I'm sorry to harp on this, but I just don't understand.." then Buck cut him off and went off.

The guy asked the same question twice already and he answered it.

This is the game:

1. Wieters called a lot of poor pitches in crucial situations. You don't pitch outside when the situation calls for inside pitches (outside set up in pull situations)

2. You don't put Reimold on the roster...let alone PH for Kim. Kim is the only one with some intelligent ABs.

3. You don't put Jimenez in a situation to lose unless it's a last resort. All 3 hitters got meatballs. Why not have Britton ready just in case?

#3 is the worst. And Buck failed. Miserably.

I don't think I can manage better than Buck. In fact, I am 100% sure I can't. However, I am also 100% sure that I could have managed the 11th there better than Buck did. He's a good manager. He just made an epic, all-time horrible series of strategic decisions. I suppose it happens - but he sure picked a bad time.

Would have gone to Britton there certainly - but this game is ultimately on the offense. Even if Britton does pitch, we probably still lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You lose, you lose. I always want to win, but I'm not going to get outraged at this outcome. We knew this team was flawed, we were playing with house money. The flaws need to be fixed or we need to make some serious changes.

That's the right attitude to have. That said, the team could fix every single flaw and they will still lose individual games like they did tonight.

That's not the same as leaving the best relief pitcher in Major League Baseball to preserve a tie game in the 12th on the bench to go to a starting pitcher.

And if so, why not go to one who was actually effective out of the bullpen like Dylan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nah, Buck's been good us overall - he just had a down year this year and a pretty horrible night tonight, and then capped it with an epic blunder. But he's been good on the whole. Not that Buck is anywhere near the Kershaw of managers - but you don't get rid of Kershaw because he got lit up in the playoffs a couple times. Buck has been good on the whole - just blew it big time tonight. C'est la guerre. You eat it, hopefully learn from it, and carry on.

This is the game:

1. Wieters called a lot of poor pitches in crucial situations. You don't pitch outside when the situation calls for inside pitches (outside set up in pull situations)

2. You don't put Reimold on the roster...let alone PH for Kim. Kim is the only one with some intelligent ABs.

3. You don't put Jimenez in a situation to lose unless it's a last resort. All 3 hitters got meatballs. Why not have Britton ready just in case?

#3 is the worst. And Buck failed. Miserably.

Even just use Britton to get through the middle of their order. Then bring in Baldo for the bottom half... oh well, doesn't matter now I guess.

We shouldn't have pitched to Encarnacion at all especially with first base open. I would walk him, bring in Britton and take my chances with Bautista.

You know in all the chaos I hadn't even thought of that. Wouldn't bases loaded no outs be more ideal that 2nd and 3rd no outs? At least you could set up the force at home. Probably wouldn't matter anyway but just sayin'.

Buck does a helluva job with the team he is given. I hope he remains our manager until he's ready to retire.

Definitely a bad move. But without Buck the O's aren't even in the wild card game. The team is too flawed to really make it farther than it has gotten.

this is such an overreaction. sorry. but Buck is one of the best managers in the game. the fact that we made it this far with this roster? with this starting rotation? holy smokes.

let's all just get to bed, sleep on it, and if we still want to fire buck in the morning, fine.

to me, he was handed a very limited offensive roster and it got exposed.

he was holding Britton back for a close situation, and it didn't work out. it's not like the most insane, inexplicable thing that's ever happened in the history of ever.

yeah, it was weird to not bring in britton with two on... THAT i agree with. at that point, you have to pull out all the stops. but it was far from clear what inning Britton should have come in.

all these Hindsight 20/20 analysts, please let me know - what inning would you have brought Britton in? the 11th? how convenient. the opposing manager brought his closer in way earlier. i guess we could have done that. but the other manager also brought in his starter/reliever way sooner as well... and buck DID do that... i dunno.

i think Buck will survive not winning an 11-inning game in which we scored 2 runs. and he should.

to me, this loss really comes back to DD and the one-dimensional lineup he put together. not a lot of real bat skills in this lineup.

Archived