Would you trade Machado?

dabirds

Before answering, please assume the following:

We attempt to extend him this winter and cannot come to an agreement.

There is a good offer on the table.

I would be trying to trade both Britton and Machado this winter, assuming Machado wont take an extension and there are good offers for both. I would want major league ready players in return, or very close to major league ready. I am not trying to rebuild, but keep the winning going while also planning for the future. Britton will never have higher value and we would get more for Machado trading now then waiting til next year.

Here is an idea from the Astros, I have no idea if this would interest them or not.

Alex Bregman

Lance McCullers

2 top 10 prospects

And to be clear, I am asking what YOU would do, not what you think Angelos/DD will or will not do.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be gross roster management malpractice to hold onto Machado if you have no real hope of extending him. He's a once in a generation type talent that you should be able to flip for an incredible haul.........multiple top pieces.

having said all that......I hope we are able to extend him and that he retires an Oriole after breaking multiple franchise records and goes to Cooperstown with an O's cap on.

[video=youtube_share;D4WO0mirjlQ]

I'd hand him a blank check and have him stay with us for a while

Having a blank check to give him was not one of the options available.

I'd like a pet Emu that picked winning lottery numbers.

I don't want Manny walking and the O's just getting a draft pick.

I would rather have Manny on my team

But its not like he isn't replaceable. This is baseball There are thousand and thousands of players out there

Manny is a rare, an elite above average defender at 3rd, with a great bat, and solid high WAR.

They don't grow on trees.

Would you have traded Cal back in his glory days?

Nobody is really answering the question given the 2 assumptions.

You have a good offer on the table. You KNOW that he will NOT re-sign.

Do you trade him?

Also, in addition, what kind of offer would it take to convince you to move him under those circumstances?

Manny is a rare, an elite above average defender at 3rd, with a great bat, and solid high WAR.

They don't grow on trees.

Would you have traded Cal back in his glory days?

Shouldn't they have?

Three playoff appearances over twenty-one years says maybe it would have been a good idea.

4200663[/url]]Nobody is really answering the question given the 2 assumptions.

You have a good offer on the table. You KNOW that he will NOT re-sign.

Do you trade him?

Also' date=' in addition, what kind of offer would it take to convince you to move him under those circumstances?[/quote']

You definitely trade him. The offer you propose would do it, but I don't think the Astros will trade a controlled player like Bregman in the hopes of being able to sign Machado.

Archived