Ian Desmond

fansince71

I think the Orioles will get a big contract hitter, and I think they will pay for it with prospects. If the Orioles sign a big money free agent early they will package prospects and draft picks with one of the three pitchers to trade them for salary relief.

Desmond makes sense. They can play him in the OF this year and at SS for the rest of the the contract.

I think the Orioles will get a big contract hitter, and I think they will pay for it with prospects. If the Orioles sign a big money free agent early they will package prospects and draft picks with one of the three pitchers to trade them for salary relief.

Desmond makes sense. They can play him in the OF this year and at SS for the rest of the the contract.

I think a lot of teams can beat the O's best offer when it comes to prospects.

I don't like the idea of getting a guy in his 30's long-term for his defense at SS or CF. And he fell way off offensively as the season wound down. Before last season, he was declining a bit every year. He's a talented player and may prove me wrong, but I just don't see him turning out to be a good buy.

I don't like the idea of getting a guy in his 30's long-term for his defense at SS or CF. And he fell way off offensively as the season wound down. Before last season, he was declining a bit every year. He's a talented player and may prove me wrong, but I just don't see him turning out to be a good buy.

I think he's intriguing. He's athletic with a strong arm. I think he could play a good right field. Could he be used as a Mark McLemore super utility guy to the point where you don't have to carry Flaherty? He's a good bat, not a difference maker, but a solid guy who can give you 20+ HRs and get on base at a .330 clip.

He's solid in the clubhouse based off what I've heard on the radio in the DC area.

Is that worth 4/60 and a draft pick? I would say no, but if his market were to fall like last year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's intriguing. He's athletic with a strong arm. I think he could play a good right field. Could he be used as a Mark McLemore super utility guy to the point where you don't have to carry Flaherty? He's a good bat, not a difference maker, but a solid guy who can give you 20+ HRs and get on base at a .330 clip.

He's solid in the clubhouse based off what I've heard on the radio in the DC area.

Is that worth 4/60 and a draft pick? I would say no, but if his market were to fall like last year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a difference maker to me.

Archived