MLB Hot Stove - Top 15 FA Outfielders

25 Nuggets

What OFs should the Orioles target?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What OFs should the Orioles target?

• Yoenis Cespedes
    • Dexter Fowler
    • Carlos Gomez
    • Ian Desmond
    • Jose Bautista
    • Josh Reddick
    • Michael Saunders
    • Colby Rasmus
    • Matt Joyce
    • Rajai Davis

This poll is closed to new votes

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-hot-stove-2016-17-ranking-the-top-15-free-agent-outfielders-available/

Here's the list without the writeups:

1. Yoenis Cespedes

2. Dexter Fowler

3. Carlos Gomez

4. Ian Desmond

5. Jose Bautista

6. Mark Trumbo

7. Josh Reddick

8. Michael Saunders

9. Carlos Beltran

10. Matt Holliday

11. Colby Rasmus

12. Brandon Moss

13. Matt Joyce

14. Rajai Davis

15. Angel Pagan

I've added a poll including as many as I could - I left off 1B/DH types Trumbo, Beltran, Holliday, and Moss. Vote for as many as you like that you think the Orioles should target and post anyone else you like. Jon Jay doesn't even make this list; it's pretty good depth where the Orioles need it most.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-hot-stove-2016-17-ranking-the-top-15-free-agent-outfielders-available/

Here's the list without the writeups:

1. Yoenis Cespedes

2. Dexter Fowler

3. Carlos Gomez

4. Ian Desmond

5. Jose Bautista

6. Mark Trumbo

7. Josh Reddick

8. Michael Saunders

9. Carlos Beltran

10. Matt Holliday

11. Colby Rasmus

12. Brandon Moss

13. Matt Joyce

14. Rajai Davis

15. Angel Pagan

I've added a poll including as many as I could - I left off 1B/DH types Trumbo, Beltran, Holliday, and Moss. Vote for as many as you like that you think the Orioles should target and post anyone else you like. Jon Jay doesn't even make this list; it's pretty good depth where the Orioles need it most.

Assuming a limited budget I'm targeting: 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, and 14. We just need two of them.

It'll be interesting to see how much Carlos Gomez gets paid. Two years of mediocrity following by a hot two months doesn't warrant him being that high on the list IMO. I'd have him just inside the top 10, ahead of Carlos Beltran.

I hate to see the glass as half full.

I dont see them going after (legitimately going after) any FA, the budget is pretty well set, they have to do their own arb players, and think about their own potential FA and try and lock them up.

That said, if somebody falls into their lap like Cruz did or Trumbo, so be it.

He's saying Gardner for Gausman? That's not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take Gardner for sure - he'd be a great fit in LF, plus defense even at his age, high OBP / leadoff hitter, moves Kim to DH.

But... no surprise the Yankees would ask for too much. In division trade.

Fowler and Desmond are the only 2 off of that list I'd be interested in. Cespedes is intriguing, but I don't think the O's even look at him. I'm also a little weary of his OBP. It's gone up the past 3 years. What are the odds he sustains that in his early-mid 30's?

I'd be interested in Beltran or bringing back Trumbo if we're looking for a full time DH.

Looking over that list, I think I'd be more inclined to call Detroit and find out the asking price of JD Martinez.

Fowler and Desmond are the only 2 off of that list I'd be interested in. Cespedes is intriguing, but I don't think the O's even look at him. I'm also a little weary of his OBP. It's gone up the past 3 years. What are the odds he sustains that in his early-mid 30's?

I'd be interested in Beltran or bringing back Trumbo if we're looking for a full time DH.

Looking over that list, I think I'd be more inclined to call Detroit and find out the asking price of JD Martinez.

Sounds like DD is saying we don't have 15 per to pay Trumbo. So I doubt the have interest in Desmond, Fowler or anyone good for that matter

Archived