CHRIS TILLMAN

ELMERO

I feel like both Wright and Wilson ought to be better than they are based on their MiL track records and flashes I've seen in the majors, but neither has shown the ability to command the baseball consistently and neither has the full array of good pitches that Tillman has.   

I don't think they can step in and replace him, no, but I would be listening to offers. People seem focused on Britton and Manny, but we have other assets and Tillman is one of them. Tillman would bring back much more than Gallardo/Miley/Ubaldo. Kind of like Britton, it would hurt to give him up but I would do it for the right offer.

16 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I don't think they can step in and replace him, no, but I would be listening to offers. People seem focused on Britton and Manny, but we have other assets and Tillman is one of them. Tillman would bring back much more than Gallardo/Miley/Ubaldo. Kind of like Britton, it would hurt to give him up but I would do it for the right offer.

Has DD pretty much said nobody is off limits, just some players, it better be something worth listening to. :)

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I feel like both Wright and Wilson ought to be better than they are based on their MiL track records and flashes I've seen in the majors, but neither has shown the ability to command the baseball consistently and neither has the full array of good pitches that Tillman has.   

I believe Wilson could be molded into a Marco Estrada type and Wright is destined to the bullpen.  I love that we now have younger pitching coaches.

2 minutes ago, ELMERO said:

I believe Wilson could be molded into a Marco Estrada type and Wright is destined to the bullpen.  I love that we now have younger pitching coaches.

Both Wilson and Wright have room for growth and both probably will, but I don't see either coming close to what Tilly can do.

On 12/2/2016 at 0:38 PM, ELMERO said:

Could Mike Wright or Tyler Wilson make Tillman expendable in a trade?  Do either have what it takes?

o

Imagine what last season would have been like without Tillman, and with Wilson and Wright starting in his place.

That hypothetical scenario should easily answer your question.

Wilson and Wright both have some talent and could improve on what we have seen of them, but they should be looked at as a supplement to the lower end of the rotation at best ...... not as a replacement for one of our 2 best starting pitchers (Tillman and/or Gausman.)

o

Archived