Update: O's sign Trumbo to 3yr/$37 mil deal

Dark Helmet

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, weams said:

Bautista’s contract also has a $17-million mutual option with a $500,000 buyout and a $20-million vesting option for 2019.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/report-jose-bautistas-new-deal-blue-jays-attendance-bonus/

Mutual options may as well not exist. They don't get picked up. If the player is good, he declines. If he's not, the club declines.

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Signing Trumbo is a win now move.  Trumbo is likely to out hit Mancini in 2017.   

At some point down the road, I personally wouldn't mind seeing a lineup with Trumbo at DH... Chris Davis in right field... and Trey Mancini on first. Apparently Mancini is very limited defensively and can only play first or DH. He's not a potential outfielder... which I think inhibits his trade value considerably. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Except they once again passed on an additional draft pick.

And of course they are signing talents like Trumbo long term instead of the more talented players on the team.

You would want Wieters to be signed instead?  Or is it Alvarez or Pearce you find more talented?

3 minutes ago, crawjo said:

He was as good as Trumbo last season. I will take an .816 OPS with a .366 OBP over an .850 OPS with a .316 OBP every time. 

Yeah and Bautista didn't strike out 170 times either.  Trumbo, Davis and Schoop are hard to watch bat.

Archived