Vanimal Time?

Bahama O's Fan

1 hour ago, oriolediehard said:

Great idea. He is better than Jason  Hammel.  I hope it gets done.

The Hammel part is a difficult argument to make. Hammel has averaged about 170 IP and a 3.70 ERA over the past three years which equates to a slightly above average SP. Reminds me of what Chen did in Baltimore although maybe less impressive being in the NL. Worley has had some good years but hasn't ever done that consistently. Although maybe you're saying that Worley is better for our needs, which is probably true considering cost. 

That said, if I were DD I would definitely consider bringing back Worley at a reasonable cost. He's a solid back-end of bullpen and 6th starter type. There may be better options for the role out there but I certainly wouldn't complain about seeing him back and I'd rather have him as the first insurance starter than Tyler Wilson or Mike Wright. 

This trade definitely helped with the bullpen flexibility. 

1. Britton

2. Oday

3.  Brach 

4. Givens 

---------------------------

5.  Hart(LOOGY)

6.  Drake(out of options)

7.  Open

Buck and DD do a great job with rotating fresh arms in the open spot. Finding out Drake is out of options hurts the flexibility a little. As good as Hart was he may not be a guarantee to be one the roster all 162 because he has options and is just a LOOGY. 

I would really like to see Hunter or Worley back, but it would cost us flexibility. Plus I don't want to lose Drake too quick during the season, but at this point it's time to produce for him. 

50 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Right now he'd be penciled in, but I don't know about it.  He was gawd awful last year.  5.20 ERA, 79 ERA+, 1.560 WHIP

He had three AWFUL games that inflated his ERA.  With those three games removed his ERA for the Mets in 2016 was 3.50365.  Three starts with a total of 9 IP and 21 Earned Runs can ruin an ERA line.

1 hour ago, thezeroes said:

He had three AWFUL games that inflated his ERA.  With those three games removed his ERA for the Mets in 2016 was 3.50365.  Three starts with a total of 9 IP and 21 Earned Runs can ruin an ERA line.

He only started twelve games.  I think virtually every pitchers stats would look decent if you disregarded the worst 25% of their games.

Archived