5. Avery
  6. Patterson
  7. McLouth
  8. Freel
  9. Lough
  10. Rickard
  11. Markakis (?)

Ok...I'm out. 

I bet Patterson may be the #4 guy Frobby said was missing, good catch. He definitely overlapped with Jones at some point and would likely have been the main CF starter if Jones had any rest days or short DL stints in those years. I doubt Flaherty has played more than a handful of games in CF if at all. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spy Fox said:

I bet Patterson may be the #4 guy Frobby said was missing, good catch. He definitely overlapped with Jones at some point and would likely have been the main CF starter if Jones had any rest days or short DL stints in those years. I doubt Flaherty has played more than a handful of games in CF if at all. 

I doubted Flaherty did too, but Buck has put some players badly out of position on occasion...and sometimes for entire seasons. Took a shot in the dark. 

Patterson is correct, so that's 12 of 16.    McNulty correctly pulled Junior Lake out of his butt, so that's 13.  Two of the remaining players started only one game each in CF, so I won't bother giving hints about them.    The other one is a product of our farm system who was long regarded as the best defensive CF in our system.   

Borbon, Dickerson, Fiorentino, Lake, Lough, McLouth, Montanez, Parra, Patterson, Payton, Pie, Reimold, Rickard.

Trying to remember when Jones was injured and who was on the roster at the time is tough.

1. Felix Pie
  2. Jay Payton
  3. David Lough
  4. Corey Patterson
  5. Joey Rickard

As for the last three names...Idunno.

One game each = Steve Pearce, Dariel Alvarez?

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Patterson is correct, so that's 12 of 16.    Three of the remaining players started only one game each in CF, so I won't bother giving hints about them.  The other one is a product of our farm system who was long regarded as the best defensive CF in our system.   

This made me think of Kyle Hudson, who barely played for the team but who I remember because he scored the tying run after pinch running for Davis in the famous Andino/Papelbon 2011 finale game. 

Well I looked up Kyle Hudson and figured out it wasn't him, but in the process found the real answer. It was a contemporary of Hudson's whose name I recognized although I had no memories of him playing. I won't post the name since technically I used a bit of internet help. 

6 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

This made me think of Kyle Hudson, who barely played for the team but who I remember because he scored the tying run after pinch running for Davis in the famous Andino/Papelbon 2011 finale game. 

Well I looked up Kyle Hudson and figured out it wasn't him, but in the process found the real answer. It was a contemporary of Hudson's whose name I recognized although I had no memories of him playing. I won't post the name since technically I used a bit of internet help. 

It was Bevo LeBourveau the whole time!!!!!

Bevo_crop_north.jpg?w=280&h=420&q=75

Curse you Bevo!!!

Archived