Three Questions

ELMERO

1 hour ago, thezeroes said:

Did you come to this conclusion from the 60 innings played in Center Field in 2016???

He started just 6 Games in Center with 4 CG in that position.

In the minors Rickard played 141 games in RF, 69 in left, and 135 in center. Most of his games in center came in 2012-13. Maybe he can be a short-term fill in, but that record implies he isn't considered a MLB CFer.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

May have skewed.  It is possible that the data from last year is proven over time.

Although I will say that Rickard has played a substantial amount of time in all three outfield positions in the minors and that I don't think positioning should be used as an excuse for poor play.

On the eyeball test, I don't think Rickard is as bad as his numbers suggest.    In fact, I think he can be above average in terms of range (not a big fan of his arm, which is mediocre),    I expect we'll find out in 2017.

22 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

but that record implies he isn't considered a MLB CFer.

In the Tampa Bay Organization.  At several of his stops he had players ahead of him in the CF position.  In Durham there was both Mahtook and Corey Brown.  In Montgomery he had Goeddel, Powell, Field and Varona.  Goeddel was rule 5 drafted the same time as was Rickard but by Philly.  Philly has Herrrara in center so moved Goeddel to LF.

14 hours ago, ELMERO said:

Am I allowed 3?  Well...

1. Are we comfortable with our catcher situation?

2. Which of the Rule 5 guys stays?

3. What do you think is going through Adam Jones' mind, concerning his current OF colleagues?

1. Yes, but happier when they promote Cisco

2. Tavarez if he can field just a little, which will put on the top of the O's heap

3. He's happy that he gets to stay in CF for another year

Dan Szymborski on Joey Rickard.  Szymborski is an O's fan, btw.

2:14
jake: Why do the Orioles insist on platooning Kim? He didn’t have huge platoon splits in Korea, and Joey Rickard is absolutely awful.

2:15
Dan Szymborski: Joey Rickard should get a Vegas show as a hypnotist – he’s actually convinced a depressingly large number of people that he’s a major leaguer.

3 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

jake: Why do the Orioles insist on platooning Kim? He didn’t have huge platoon splits in Korea, and Joey Rickard is absolutely awful.

Dan Szymborski: Joey Rickard should get a Vegas show as a hypnotist – he’s actually convinced a depressingly large number of people that he’s a major leaguer.

I hate when sportswriters (especially good ones like Szymborski) make arrogant claims like that. There's only downside to making a claim like that. 

13 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I hope Joey makes Szymborski eat those words.

17 hours ago, crissfan172 said:

I hate when sportswriters (especially good ones like Szymborski) make arrogant claims like that. There's only downside to making a claim like that. 

That chat format tends to bring out the snarkiniess in people.   I don't think Rickard is any great shakes, but it won't surprise me if he is able to stick in the majors for a few years.   

20 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Lets see...

Rickard signed a major league contract, wore the jersey provided to him by a major league team, played in a major league stadium infront of fans who paid to watch major league baseball, and has actual stats on the major league baseball stat sites.

Sounds like a major leaguer to me!

On 1/25/2017 at 1:11 PM, Frobby said:

On the eyeball test, I don't think Rickard is as bad as his numbers suggest.    In fact, I think he can be above average in terms of range (not a big fan of his arm, which is mediocre),    I expect we'll find out in 2017.

Austin Jackson certainly doesn't have much of an arm anymore. I think he signed with the White Sox on a minor league deal. Right?

4 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Lets see...

Rickard signed a major league contract, wore the jersey provided to him by a major league team, played in a major league stadium infront of fans who paid to watch major league baseball, and has actual stats on the major league baseball stat sites.

Sounds like a major leaguer to me!

572073.jpg

Archived