Jung Ho Kang denied US work visa, may miss season

InsideCoroner

According to this story, the Pirates' Jung Ho Kang has been denied a work visa by US authorities due to his third DUI offense in South Korea. He may now miss a good portion or perhaps all of the 2017 season. There is also mention of Kang also possibly having a DUI in another country (not Korea or the US). Kang received an 8-month suspended jail sentence in Korea for his last offense.

No pity here, sorry. It's time for the guy to grow up and stop risking the lives of others.

During this latest episode, Kang (who has a tattoo on his leg...of his own face) plowed through metal median poles in a congested area and then fled the scene. Dashcam footage from his own car of the accident can be seen here. When police tracked down the car, he said his friend had been driving the vehicle... until additional CCTV footage clearly showed Kang behind the wheel. The third strike cost him his Korean driver's license; I assume his celebrity alone kept him from doing time. It also cost him a spot on South Korea's WBC team.

The Pirates claimed to be unaware of Kang's first two DUI offenses and recently acted surprised when they learned about them. You would think the team President Frank Coonelly would be more up on these things, given Kang's hard-partying reputation in Korea and Coonelly's own DUI.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

During this latest episode, Kang (who has a tattoo on his leg...of his own face) plowed through metal median poles in a congested area and then fled the scene. Dashcam footage from his own car of the accident can be seen here. When police tracked down the car, he said his friend had been driving the vehicle... until additional CCTV footage clearly showed Kang behind the wheel. The third strike cost him his Korean driver's license; I assume his celebrity alone kept him from doing time. It also cost him a spot on South Korea's WBC team.

The Pirates claimed to be unaware of Kang's first two DUI offenses and recently acted surprised when they learned about them. You would think the team President Frank Coonelly would be more up on these things, given Kang's hard-partying reputation in Korea and Coonelly's own DUI.

Wow, It is very fortunate that no one was killed. It is also disturbing that 

Kang claimed that someone else was driving the vehicle. This guy needs

to take responsibility for his actions and get some professional help. 

Baseball needs to take a backseat until He gets his life together. I find

it very curious that the Pirates gave a guy millions of dollars without 

checking into his background which includes DUI's. 

5 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

jung-ho-kang-tattoo.jpg

Kinda reminds me of this 

steve-o-lifelike-portrait.jpg

• 3 years later...
On 3/26/2017 at 10:58 AM, Superbee83 said:

Wow, It is very fortunate that no one was killed. It is also disturbing that 

Kang claimed that someone else was driving the vehicle. This guy needs

to take responsibility for his actions and get some professional help. 

Baseball needs to take a backseat until He gets his life together. I find

it very curious that the Pirates gave a guy millions of dollars without 

checking into his background which includes DUI's. 

Doesnt surprise me, you watch enough live pd, you see all types of statements like this. I wasnt driving, those arent my pants, those arent my shoes, etc.