May 28th versus the Devil

McNulty

Why not? How do you know unless you try them there? Millar has proven he can not get the job done in 2008 at the #4 spot. Let's give another guy a try at it.

In my opinion, this argument sucks. It's like arguing about whether it's better to be punched in the head or kicked in the nuts. Nobody we had was going to do any better in the cleanup spot against Pettite without doing something like putting Mora there, which hurts another important spot in the lineup.

Go O's!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not? How do you know unless you try them there? Millar has proven he can not get the job done in 2008 at the #4 spot. Let's give another guy a try at it.

Listen man, I respect you and your opinion, but you need a dose of rationality.

Ramon is hitting around .200 all year. I know he's had bad luck when he was hot, but even still. And his OBP isn't anything to write home about.

Adam Jones needs to be in a low pressure situation to continue to develop, IMO (and I don't think I'm alone here). I'd much rather not risk moving him up and hope he keeps hitting like he has been in the past 2 weeks or so.

We all understand that Millar isn't a 4 hitter on a contender, but we are trying to build something here, we don't have a better option (and I would argue that its not close either), and he WILL eventually come around. I'll throw money down on that if you wish.

Like a major league ballplayer. It won't kill him to hit there for one game...

and then you'll say...uh oh, 0/4 he's not cut out for the position, i think we should try payton at 4 for a game and mix it up.

I propose pinch hitting the 4 spot every time around, except on the 3rd trip around the order because I here it's luckier than the 2nd. But let's make sure one of these trips is a pitcher because they won't have as much of a record against the pitcher so our odds may go up

:rolleyes:

Do you think we'll ever figure out that you can't beat Matsui inside? We continue to try and get him out with hard stuff when he is clearly the most vulnerable against offspeed stuff IMO.

That guy scares me more than anybody else they've got.

Maybe that's silly of me, but it's still true anyway.

Do you think we'll ever figure out that you can't beat Matsui inside? We continue to try and get him out with hard stuff when he is clearly the most vulnerable against offspeed stuff IMO.

Probably as soon as they figure out that Walker can't get lefties out anymore.

That guy scares me more than anybody else they've got.

Maybe that's silly of me, but it's still true anyway.

Me too! Matsui is a mofo...I tell that to every MFY fan that I have the displeasure of talking to.

Archived