Kevin Gausman 2017

Frobby

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one reason Gausman can't get wins. Can't get deep enough into games to get a decision when the Orioles score later in the game.

Not that wins are a determining factor on how good a SP is, bit Gausman has to figure out how to keep his pitch counts down. You can't be a TOR starter going 5 innings.

4 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

This is one reason Gausman can't get wins. Can't get deep enough into games to get a decision when the Orioles score later in the game.

Not that wins are a determining factor on how good a SP is, bit Gausman has to figure out how to keep his pitch counts down. You can't be a TOR starter going 5 innings.

Exxxxxxxactly.  

Gausman really had trouble commanding the fastball today, especially to the arm side, where it seemed his pitches were tailing more than he wanted them to.   Not a good outing, but the bright side for me is that his slider is looking better and better.   Hopefully he gets his fastball back under control soon, and then we could have a dominant pitcher on our hands.   

6 minutes ago, joeyc said:

Typical 100 pitches in 5 innings. That is horrible, I don't care what anybody says, he can't be a consistent winning pitcher, pitching like that.

If keeping your team in the game for 5 innings is horrible, what do you call Liriano and Guthrie's starts?

Consistency does seem to be something of an issue for Gausman, but I suspect he's mainly going through working out some early season kinks.  We saw last season how good he can be whether or not he ends up being a bonafide ace.

45 minutes ago, joeyc said:

Typical 100 pitches in 5 innings. That is horrible, I don't care what anybody says, he can't be a consistent winning pitcher, pitching like that.

Correct.    Pitching like that, he can't.     But he won't always pitch like that.   In fact, he won't pitch like that most of the time.  Or half the time.  

o

14 out of the 18 outs that Gausman recorded came via the Groundout and the Strikeout.

18 OUTS: o 10 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Strikeouts, 2 Popouts, 1 Flyout, 1 Lineout

K.J. GAUSMANo))))o (vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/13) )) [ 

IP:;)lll) 6

H:)))).  5 ) ll(3 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:l)oll) 1

BB:o..ll

SO:l).ll 3

Pitches: l) 97 0(63 Strikes, )34 Balls)

2017 ERA: l)  3.94 0

2017 WHIP: l)  1.687 0

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .281 )) (18 for 64)

PITCHES BY INNING

11 l)l(81 lStrikes, lll 31 .Balls)

71 )ll(61 lStrikes, ll)11 )Balls)

13 ll.(91 lStrikes, ll) 41 )Balls)

21 l.l(12 lStrikes, ll)91 )Balls)

20 llll(15 lStrikes, )))51 llBalls)

25 )l.(13 lStrikes, .0l12 ))Balls)  

o

Archived