Dylan Bundy 2017

Frobby

16 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Glad to see it. 

I would also hope this is a sign that Buck and DD know we aren't contenders and need to be sellers rather than buyers in July.  Now whether they believe that and whether they can convince Angelos of that may be different stories.  

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LAOSfan said:

I would also hope this is a sign that Buck and DD know we aren't contenders and need to be sellers rather than buyers in July.  Now whether they believe that and whether they can convince Angelos of that may be different stories.  

I wonder that if this the plan all along or if it is a result of his recent struggles?

o

71% of the outs that Bundy recorded (15 out of 21) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

He faced one batter over the minimum number (14 batters to record 13 outs) over his final 4.33 innings.

21 OUTS: ) 8 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts (Including 2 Double Plays), 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Popout, 1 Caught Rounding 2nd Base after an Infield Single

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY )))))) (vs. D-RAYS, 6/24) )) [  

IP:lll.. 7

H:l.lll  5 )) (2 Home Runs, 3 Singles)

R:l.lllll 3

BB:.ll 4

SO:lll8

Pitches: )l  105 )(65 )Strikes, )40 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 3.73

2017 WHIP: )l 1.235 )  98.00 Innings  (121 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .247 )  88  for 356

PITCHES BY INNING

12 lll(81 llStrikes,  .l.41 llBalls)

12 lll(81 llStrikes,  .l.41 llBalls)

28 lll(14 llStrikes,  ll14 llllBalls)

12 lll(91 .lStrikes,  l31  llBalls)

13 lll(81 .lStrikes,  l51  llBalls)

11 lll(81 lllStrikes,  ll 31  llBalls)

17 lll(10 lllStrikes,  ll 71  llBalls)

o

People who want to trade Bundy need a cold yoo-hoo and a king of queens marathon to settle back down. 24 years of sweet goodness in year 1 of using the best pitch he had when he was drafted after not using it from age 19-23. TrustTheProcess. 

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

Dylan "The answer my friend is NOT blowing it in the end...the answer is not blowing in the end".Bundy.

The problem is this team can't get on a run, because another crappy pitcher (this year) follows Bundy every time.

Tomorrow it is Tillman. In my opinion I believe Tillman should be shut down or sent down. His is NOT helping this team at all.

We win 1 of 3 in Tampa. Not good enough.

My guess is Tillman will pitch a shutout for 6. Because the baseball gods like to F with you Roy.

o

12 OUTS: ) 7 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 2 Popouts

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY )))))) (vs. D-RAYS, 7/01)

IP:lll.. 4

H:l.lll  7 )) (3 Home Runs, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:l.lllll 5

BB:.ll 0

SO:lll7

Pitches: )l  99 )(68 )Strikes, )31 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 4.02

2017 WHIP: )l 1.243 )  103.00 Innings  (128 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .251 )  95  for 378

PITCHES BY INNING

31 lll(20 llStrikes,  lll11 llllBalls)

18 lll(11 lllStrikes,  lll.71 llBalls)

27 lll(19 lllStrikes,  llll81 llBalls)

23 lll(18 lllStrikes,  lll.51 llBalls)

o

I can't imagine what our coaches have to be telling our pitchers to make them fail so hard. It's very difficult for me to grasp the concept that simultaneously all of our pitchers would just completely fall apart. I'm super tempted to blame Roger McDowell.

If McDowell keeps drilling them about Time To The Plate while they can't even find the strike zone, he should be fired immediately.

36 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

I can't imagine what our coaches have to be telling our pitchers to make them fail so hard. It's very difficult for me to grasp the concept that simultaneously all of our pitchers would just completely fall apart. I'm super tempted to blame Roger McDowell.

If McDowell keeps drilling them about Time To The Plate while they can't even find the strike zone, he should be fired immediately.

o

Bundy did not have any trouble finding the strike zone tonight.

He had trouble keeping the ball in the park.

o

This game was all on the management.  They knew and said they were going to start giving him rest and would skip a few days.  Then he did ok last start and we won a few games on the road and they just abandoned that plan.  He still has the stuff but the location is the problem which you see when pitchers are starting to get tired.  The lack of velocity is usually the problem with injuries while location is sign of pitcher wearing down.  I completely blame this start on Buck and Dan and McDowell.  

7 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

This game was all on the management.  They knew and said they were going to start giving him rest and would skip a few days.  Then he did ok last start and we won a few games on the road and they just abandoned that plan.  He still has the stuff but the location is the problem which you see when pitchers are starting to get tired.  The lack of velocity is usually the problem with injuries while location is sign of pitcher wearing down.  I completely blame this start on Buck and Dan and McDowell.  

The Orioles didn't abandon the plan -- they're following it exactly as they said they would. Here's what they said about Bundy on June 20, per Roch Kubatko:

Dylan Bundy will take his next scheduled turn on Saturday afternoon against the Rays in St. Petersburg, Fla. He’ll be pushed to the back of the rotation following the off-day on June 26 to provide three extra days of rest.

Bundy will start right before the All-Star break, then be pushed to the back again so again give him extra rest.

Sure enough, Bundy started that Saturday (June 24) against the Rays, and then he was pushed back to the fifth start after the off day, which was today's start. That gave him six days' rest between starts. He'll make his last start of the first half on Thursday, and then he's scheduled to be the fifth starter after the All-Star break. So the Orioles have stuck to the plan so far.

2 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

The Orioles didn't abandon the plan -- they're following it exactly as they said they would. Here's what they said about Bundy on June 20, per Roch Kubatko

But this did not fit into the posters narrative hence somebody has to be blamed.  A lot of times we as fans get something in our heads and it stays as the "Gospel" even if other information is available to dispute what our thought process has developed.  Staying abreast of information that is given out by the ball club is not often used by fans if it seems different than what they are thinking.

3 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

But this did not fit into the posters narrative hence somebody has to be blamed.  A lot of times we as fans get something in our heads and it stays as the "Gospel" even if other information is available to dispute what our thought process has developed.  Staying abreast of information that is given out by the ball club is not often used by fans if it seems different than what they are thinking.

They did not give him three extra days rest.  It was one day extra flipping hi and Tilman when you have an off day.  

Archived