MLB has reached the level of being a joke

Nite

All this time it's been nothing but Sox throwing at Machado, yet one breaking ball gets away from an Oriole and instant ejection. JOKE

I'm done, not watching any more of this joke. Bye

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the O's having 17 straight games this is the type of situation that could have a long term impact on the season. 

Absolutely ridiculous and it's a shame the other umps didn't have the guts to get together and overturn the decision.

And can we get a mod to move this to rants?

The Yankees series followed by this joke of a Red Sux series has left me drained. Need a break from the AL East opponents, just too much anger building up inside me watching these games. 

I just don't get what the O's did? Manny slid a little high and hurt Pedroia. As soon as he got up and saw what happened, he went over the help him and even Pedroia did not think there was malicious intent. Even if they believed he did, they threw at  MANNY'S HEAD the next game. Okay, over and done with. Next, they think Bundy intentionally hit Mookie late in a 2-0 game to put him on base and have the tying runner, Ramirez, at the plate!!!!???? Really? So Sale hits Machado again? And why Machado again? What did he do? Oh, yeah, hit a HR and make great defensive plays. What could Boston be pissed about? What did we do?

This has become a joke. MLB does nothing to the Red Sox after throwing at Manny 3 times and Gausman get thrown out for hitting him with a curve? No one throws at someone with a curve. The Commish and the Umps are beyond pathetic.

24 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I just don't get what the O's did? Manny slid a little high and hurt Pedroia. As soon as he got up and saw what happened, he went over the help him and even Pedroia did not think there was malicious intent. Even if they believed he did, they threw at  MANNY'S HEAD the next game. Okay, over and done with. Next, they think Bundy intentionally hit Mookie late in a 2-0 game to put him on base and have the tying runner, Ramirez, at the plate!!!!???? Really? So Sale hits Machado again? And why Machado again? What did he do? Oh, yeah, hit a HR and make great defensive plays. What could Boston be pissed about? What did we do?

Red Sox fans I saw in a thread about this on Reddit (not all RS fans, some were quite reasonable, but a couple of them anyway) were claiming this was all the O's fault because Bundy threw at Mookie on purpose.  I mean, how do you reason with that?  They believe it, even though it makes no sense.  He definitely wasn't throwing at him on purpose, but they see what they want to see, and they use their own substituted reality to justify that their guys are on the right side of it all.

This is a farce.  You have bad control on a slider and that is an ejection.  Chris Sale throws a 98 MPH fastball that could shatter Manny's knee cap, you get a warning, no big deal.

Look at Sale's dominance last night and Gausman's recent inconsistency, and the umps decide to throw out Gausman. 

What happens if bad Ubaldo shows up and plunks a hitter, does he automatically get tossed?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

In hindsight Buck should have just pulled his team from the field when Gausman was ejected.  Better a forfeit and a message sent than destroying the pen.

Jones is now out of the game as well.

Interesting idea.  The game should be protested, anyway.  Whatever to all of this.

Archived