vs. RED SOX, 6/03

scOtt

7 minutes ago, Norfolk orioles said:

Or ya know I'll just keep sharing my opinion that Ubaldo is a joke because that's what a message board is for.

I'd honestly be worried though if you supported my post because I don't think I've ever valued a single post you've ever made. Now I see why.

Can't we all just get along?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Norfolk orioles said:

He needs to be off this team.

This should end the discussion.

That is how I feel.   He should have been DFA'd.   You aren't losing that much salary at this point.

The problem isn't that he was used.   Buck doesn't want to overuse MG/DOD/BB, so having a rule of thumb not to use them with losing is reasonable.   Look at how their performance suffered in April/early May when they were being overused, and how much it got better since mid-May when the overuse stopped.

So no MG/DOD/BB.   He used Bleier when 3 of 5 lefties were due.    He wasn't going to use Hart in the 8th with lots of righties due.

That leaves Ubaldo (who hasn't pitched since Sunday and who has in fact had decent #s in relief this year) or Wright (who probably has never pitched on 3 out of 4 days before in his life).

So I see why he chose Ubaldo, given that he was on our roster.   The problem is that he is ON our roster at this point.   I know logs of teams have guys in the back end of their bullpen that suck.   And sometimes they have to use them.   But I think the time has come to give someone else a shot at sucking in the back end of our bullpen.   It's hard to imagine that Verrett or Jackson or even Kipper would be any worse.

The time has come to DFA Ubaldo.   The Tigers did it with Pelfrey.   Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

Just now, SteveA said:

That is how I feel.   He should have been DFA'd.   You aren't losing that much salary at this point.

The problem isn't that he was used.   Buck doesn't want to overuse MG/DOD/BB, so having a rule of thumb not to use them with losing is reasonable.   Look at how their performance suffered in April/early May when they were being overused, and how much it got better since mid-May when the overuse stopped.

So no MG/DOD/BB.   He used Bleier when 3 of 5 lefties were due.    He wasn't going to use Hart in the 8th with lots of righties due.

That leaves Ubaldo (who hasn't pitched since Sunday and who has in fact had decent #s in relief this year) or Wright (who probably has never pitched on 3 out of 4 days before in his life).

So I see why he chose Ubaldo, given that he was on our roster.   The problem is that he is ON our roster at this point.   I know logs of teams have guys in the back end of their bullpen that suck.   And sometimes they have to use them.   But I think the time has come to give someone else a shot at sucking in the back end of our bullpen.   It's hard to imagine that Verrett or Jackson or even Kipper would be any worse.

The time has come to DFA Ubaldo.   The Tigers did it with Pelfrey.   Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

He needs to go. 

Facing Sale tomorrow I would have been willing to use one of your big boys today. Off day Monday. Either way he needs to be gone. 

2 minutes ago, orioleslist said:

Lots we don't know about Buck refusing to PH for Hardy. Obviously he has all the stats, so there has to be a reason beyond what we see for him to not do what we THINK is the obvious.

D. He's a rock to Manny and Schoop. Almost like a player-coach.

2 minutes ago, orioleslist said:

Lots we don't know about Buck refusing to PH for Hardy. Obviously he has all the stats, so there has to be a reason beyond what we see for him to not do what we THINK is the obvious.

Buck wants his option to vest. 

Archived