2017 1st round pick (21): DL Hall - LHP - Valdosta (Ga.) HS

4 minutes ago, bobmc said:

If we don't sign DL, can we still go for the other little lefty, Logan Allen, with enough money?

If they don't sign Hall they lose his slot money, which also means that they lose the ability to go 5% over on his slot money.  No idea what it will take to sign Allen but I wouldn't be optimistic if he is a strong commit.

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If they don't sign Hall they lose his slot money, which also means that they lose the ability to go 5% over on his slot money.  No idea what it will take to sign Allen but I wouldn't be optimistic if he is a strong commit.

Saw both FL Intl and AL State so not large schools but we need more money to be sure.  I ass ume we can't use the savings from other 1 - 10 signings either right?

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Hall's slot money has any bearing on whether we sign Allen or Jones.  The only way we can use Hall's slot money is if we sign Hall and in that case, the money would obviously be used to sign Hall.  The only possibility of signing Allen and/or Jones, IMO, would be if we were unable to sign Hall and use the available amount remaining from the under-slot signings after signing Hall #2 and any other over-slots.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

This is good, right?

Just now, phillyOs119 said:

I'm quite pleasantly surprised, barely overslot.

Folks were throwing around numbers like 3.5 to 4 million.  Most of us thought the savings from the senior signings were going to go to him.

I guess he wants to play pro ball.

High ceiling guy with fairly substantial risk.