2017 1st round pick (21): DL Hall - LHP - Valdosta (Ga.) HS

Just now, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

So is there any chance at all that he goes to college rather than signing with the Orioles? I would hope that there is no chance of that happening since the Orioles drafted him so high.

He's definitely going to cost more than slot. How much more we don't know yet.

Just now, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

So is there any chance at all that he goes to college rather than signing with the Orioles? I would hope that there is no chance of that happening since the Orioles drafted him so high.

Sure, he is rumored to be a tough sign.  Might be the reason he was still on the board. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Not hating on the pick but can we really develop a SP?  Kendall would have probably been our guy but

• High K's and we already have that.
  • Josh Hart is still fresh in minds.
  • Emergence of Cedric Mullins

As of today, Dylan Bundy looks like he has developed.

Also, Chris Tillman developed.  He didn't start right away in Baltimore after the trade.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He's already 18 and 8 months old.  If he goes to FSU he'll be 21 and 8 months old.  That's a big risk to take when you're already the 21st pick in the draft.  

Wouldn't he be a draft eligible sophomore?

And he could always go the JC route and reenter next year.

3 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

As of today, Dylan Bundy looks like he has developed.

Also, Chris Tillman developed.  He didn't start right away in Baltimore after the trade.

Bundy pitched all of 167 IP in the minors for us.  Safe to say that he was as close to a finished product as you can get.  

7 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I doubt it. With the new rules, almost everyone knows what they will get and whether they will sign for that number. Since MLB put the new system in place very few 1st round picks haven't signed.