Cleveland - SP and C

Houston - RP 

TB - OF

Min - SP 

Wash - RP, SS

Mil - SP, C, RP

LAD - RP 

Cubs - SP, RP 

If NYYs are looking for a first baseman, it would be a veteran rental. They see Greg Bird (out with a foot injury) as their future first baseman. Unless there's inside information about Bird's career being in jeopardy, I can't imagine there would be any interest in taking on the Davis or Trumbo contract.

Both NYYs and RS are weak at third base.   If either or both are serious about giving up prospects to get a top third baseman, I'm guessing Donaldson will go before Orioles could make a decision on a Manny trade.

12 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

Mercer and a SP.  I don't think it would cost top prospects.  It would take guys like Rafeala, Liranzo, Phellufo, Yacabonis, Chricton, Faulkner, Fry.  

Sure it's not ideal to lose some of those guys but if we could claw into the WC2 spot it would be fun.  

31 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

If NYYs are looking for a first baseman, it would be a veteran rental. They see Greg Bird (out with a foot injury) as their future first baseman. Unless there's inside information about Bird's career being in jeopardy, I can't imagine there would be any interest in taking on the Davis or Trumbo contract.

Both NYYs and RS are weak at third base.   If either or both are serious about giving up prospects to get a top third baseman, I'm guessing Donaldson will go before Orioles could make a decision on a Manny trade.

Probably right about the Yankees regarding first base. They don't really have a DH after this year though so maybe they could see a future with someone like Trumbo. Davis is an Oriole for the rest of his contract.

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Probably right about the Yankees regarding first base. They don't really have a DH though so maybe they could see a future with someone like Trumbo. Davis is an Oriole for the rest of his contract.

Matt Holliday is expected back after the break.

16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mercer and a SP.  I don't think it would cost top prospects.  It would take guys like Rafeala, Liranzo, Phellufo, Yacabonis, Chricton, Faulkner, Fry.  

Sure it's not ideal to lose some of those guys but if we could claw into the WC2 spot it would be fun.  

Mercer certainly wouldn't cost much, he's JJ Hardy. I don't want to start next season with Mercer at SS, but he would be an improvement over Tejada. 

46 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Probably right about the Yankees regarding first base. They don't really have a DH after this year though so maybe they could see a future with someone like Trumbo. Davis is an Oriole for the rest of his contract.

Girardi really much prefers -- at least he says so -- rotating position players through the DH, rather than having a full-time DH. But you're right that next year will present some changes, so I guess it's a possibility: Trumbo at 1B this year, then mostly a DH.

8 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Colorado is hurting in the bullpen outside of McGee, Holland, and Rusin.

We could tempt them with Britton and/or Brach.

We could even get crazy and take on Parra in exchange for more prospects.

I think the O's payroll is at a point where they taking on salary is probably a non-starter.

49 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I think the O's payroll is at a point where they taking on salary is probably a non-starter.

A lot is coming off the books after this season and even more in 2018. 

I just wish I could trust this organization to make some common sense baseball decisions on personnel and trades but I have little faith.  

Best case scenario:  Everything is for sale at the trade deadline and we get maximum returns on Machado, Brach, and Britton

Mid-case scenario:  Pending free agents such as Castillo, Smith, and Kim are dealt for a minimal return. 

Worse case scenario:  We do nothing. 

I can't imagine a scenario where we are buyers at this point aside from getting back to .500 between now and the end of the month, which I guess is possible.  The schedule is not easy and I fully expect more losses than wins over the next three weeks. 

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

I can't imagine a scenario where we are sellers at this point aside from getting back to .500 between now and the end of the month, which I guess is possible.  The schedule is not easy and I fully expect more losses than wins over the next three weeks. 

I assume you meant you can't imagine a scenario where we are buyers (you said sellers).    I can, but it certainly involves having a hot July.    I can't say I'm optimistic about that, but there's a reason they play the games.   

8 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

A lot is coming off the books after this season and even more in 2018. 

I just wish I could trust this organization to make some common sense baseball decisions on personnel and trades but I have little faith.  

Best case scenario:  Everything is for sale at the trade deadline and we get maximum returns on Machado, Brach, and Britton

Mid-case scenario:  Pending free agents such as Castillo, Smith, and Kim are dealt for a minimal return. 

Worse case scenario:  We do nothing. 

I can't imagine a scenario where we are sellers at this point aside from getting back to .500 between now and the end of the month, which I guess is possible.  The schedule is not easy and I fully expect more losses than wins over the next three weeks. 

Best case scenario is that we go 16-0 before July 31st.  

Yes, as a fan it would be so awesome to watch us trade Machado.  

You know how everyone has soured on Sisco?  You know he's ranked as the 29th best prospect by BA right?  So you'd be happy with trading Machado for two Chance Sisco's?  

Archived