Adam Jones HOF chances?

NedFromYork

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect his days of getting All Star appearances are just about over. He still needs another 160 homers to get to 400. He still needs another 400 RBI to get to 1,200. His OPS+ for his career is 108. I think he has virtually no chance at being a Hall of Famer. Maybe if he plays forever and somehow gets to 3,000 hits, but I don't see that happening, and even then, he wouldn't deserve it. 

Right now, he's in the Hall of Very Good.

Right now, Britton might be our closest we have to a Hall of Famer, and he has to do what he's been doing for a few more years. 

I believe Schoop might have a chance one day. 

38 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Right now, he's in the Hall of Very Good.

Right now, Britton might be our closest we have to a Hall of Famer, and he has to do what he's been doing for a few more years. 

I believe Schoop might have a chance one day. 

Zach Britton is at 8.6 WAR for his career.  Do you really see him putting up another ~50 WAR to even be in consideration for the HOF?  He'd have to become a dominant starter. 

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Zach Britton is at 8.6 WAR for his career.  Do you really see him putting up another ~50 WAR to even be in consideration for the HOF?  He'd have to become a dominant starter. 

Sutter is a HOF with a 25ish rWAR.  Gossage is sub 50.  Fingers around 25

4 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

He's only halfway to 3000.  Is he going to play until he's 50?

He's on pace to be around 1650 at the end of the season.

if he averages 166 hits until he's 39, he's less than 30 away in his year 40 season.  If he chooses to play that long and stays healthy.

6 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

He's on pace to be around 1650 at the end of the season.

if he averages 166 hits until he's 39, he's less than 30 away in his year 40 season.  If he chooses to play that long and stays healthy.

I hope it happens but it's a < 1% chance, I'd say. 

Archived