Santander

OriolesMagic83

51 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

DJ Stewart in left, Mullins in center, Hays in right, Mancini at first, and Santander DH'ing sound even better.

Where is Chris Davis in this situation?  I don't see him retiring anytime soon and his contract is untradeable.  Maybe he is so bad that he has to be DFA'd at some point and we can have an alignment like that.  I don't see that happening before 2020 though. 

It's too bad prospect for prospect trades almost never happen because it would be nice if we could trade one of these outfielders for a young pitcher or at least a middle IF prospect.  By most accounts, that is where Mountcastle will end up too so we probably will need to pursue some kind of trade. 

Regardless, the law of attrition tells us that at least one of our OF prospects won't pan out and the potential clog will clear itself.  My bet is Stewart or Mullins, I'm just not sure which one.  Maybe Mullins ends up a fourth outfielder type.  Santander just looks like a big leaguer/classic slugging corner OF to me (I know that's not a great analysis) and Hays is as close to a can't miss guy as we have in our system.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I’m talking about natural b-12 and other vitamins that come in OJ. Not injecting b-12 that would make him look like Venezuelan OJ. 

Oops - perhaps you should delete that second sentence of your answer and I will delete my joking "pregunta"?  btw - I did delete it

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• LOL.. IMO with a possible World Series championship on the line, that would be a professional malpractice type move. Especially with how things turned out last year trying to do it on the cheap at the deadline. IMO the stakes are too high this season to consider settling for bargain basement type shopping. There’s absolutely no credible reason to do that. Plus we are on the verge of messing up some guys’ careers like Stowers, Norby. You can’t just bury guys at AAA forever and never give them opportunities. And you can’t keep selling guys like Gunnar and Adley (who are ultra competitors) on “Well, we might really try next year. Maybe?” They don’t get these seasons of their careers back. And as much as I or any other poster may want to win, those guys on the field want it a WHOLE HECK OF A LOT MORE. IMO the org has to pick a course and do the right thing by the players (both those on the roster and those who belong in the Big Leagues).
    • No you don’t need a star but Vavra is below replacement level.  Norby may hit enough to justify his defense but the Os aren’t likely to go with poor D up the middle.
    • I have concerns about Holliday. I know SSS and the O's put a lot of pressure on the kid. T-shirt day, his first appearance. Really?? Who the F planned that? Still, I saw nothing that impressed me, hitting, fielding or arm. I know all the scouts had him one or close to it. I sometimes wonder if their ratings had anything to do with his father's success. So, the O's send him back down to fix him. I think this kid lived baseball and was probably given the best coaching on a near daily basis by his dad, players and coaches on the Cardinals. He's young and may be great. Sell high. Mayo...everyone looks at the O....where to hide him?  No way 3rd. This site is pretty tough on players that play poor D.
    • Passan drew this link between Dombrowski and Elias in his big piece for this week.     That's the basic question before us as Elias has excelled setting it all up...he's playing the highest stakes games now.      Adley's 3.5 years is perhaps ballpark similar to the timeframe the Phillies' great players remain a championship caliber nucleus.     Adley's final 3 years - unless payroll grows, the opportunity for rosters with Burnes-Santander-Kimbrel level supporting players may shrink a little. It's more about ensuring a window doesn't close without a team maximizing its opportunity. In this regard, the Phillies and Orioles are quite similar, though Dombrowski's counterpart in Baltimore, Mike Elias, gets a little more leeway because the Orioles' period of contention is longer than any team's. The Phillies' isn't short, by any means, but every year Bryce Harper (31 years old), Trea Turner (31), J.T. Realmuto (33), Zack Wheeler (34) and Aaron Nola (31) age is a year closer to an inevitable downturn. That's when, as an executive in charge, you push. And when it comes to a willingness to look past what a computer system suggests is proper value and potentially overpay for talent, nobody matches Dombrowski. Robert fits the bill and fills a need. 
    • Since I currently have Basallo 3rd, guess I have to be consistent and say he would go first.  I think Mayo and Basallo have the chance to be absolute impact power bats while I think Holliday has a chance to be a very good OBP guy with some pop.  I'd only say Basallo because he has more risk than the other other two and Orioles seem to be gradually transitioning from catch to 1B (he's basically split time between C and 1B since he was allowed to throw. Saying that, Basallo may have the highest ceiling bat wise of the three.  Mayo is the safest bet because he's major league ready now and has developed that game power now. The arm strength gives him a chance to stay at 3B for a bit but even if he transitions to 1B or RF he'll have value. Holliday hit just .222 in June in AAA but had a .444 OBP because if his ability to draw walks, walks that he might not get with major league umpires until he establishes himself.  Really, I'm not trading any of them, but if I had to, it's Basallo followed by Holliday.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now