Luke Scott

RyanAdams420

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And what he hasn't admitted is that he was foolish to not look at previous stats(ie his career stats).

He keeps saying he didn't know he was hurt but that is a load of crap because he said this stuff about Scott BEFORE the season the started.

So, the stuff about his achilles is ridiculous and garbage.

Exactly!!! And what gets me is he'll say that all past statistics are totally useless and no better than a roll of the dice... but when someone shows... USING PAST STATISTICS... how Luis Hernandez was fractionally less horrid than Freddie Bynum (even though there both incredibly poor) over a similar amount of at bats he crows that he was right all the time and the "stat gurus" were wrong.

Nice towering shot by Luke last night to dead CF. Over his last 30 games he's hitting .301/.387/.699 with 11 HRs in that span (oddly, only 17 RBI). It seems to me that as the weather warms up his power numbers are going to continue to be very strong. I'd say he has an excellent shot to hit 30+ before the year is out.

Seriously, you don't understand the logic? He's admitting he's wrong, but he doesn't consider himself wrong. He's basically saying, "Oh, I was wrong, but because I didn't know he had an injury/sickness." BS! He was flat out wrong because he ignored statistics, as he has shown time and time again. But continue siding with guys because I disagree with them. You've been doing it for months.

And hounding some guy that didn't think Scott would be successful benefits you... how again?

Seriously, let it die. Otherwise you'll start to seem as stubborn as he tends to be.

Ever since we acquired him, I've heard non-stop that he is a streaky hitter. Maybe this is just another hot streak for him...BUT when you are playing part time, how can you get into any rhthym? If you find yourself getting into a groove, then you have to sit 2-3 days because your team is facing lefties, I can easily see how one would become labeled as streaky.

Thinking about next year, is he the type of player that needs to be in the field everyday to produce? And if so, what does that do to Reimold's growth?

Thinking about next year, is he the type of player that needs to be in the field everyday to produce? And if so, what does that do to Reimold's growth?
Scott's will switch to DH once Reimold is up, so it won't have any effect.

Ever since we acquired him, I've heard non-stop that he is a streaky hitter. Maybe this is just another hot streak for him...BUT when you are playing part time, how can you get into any rhthym? If you find yourself getting into a groove, then you have to sit 2-3 days because your team is facing lefties, I can easily see how one would become labeled as streaky.

Scott hasn't been on the field every day this year, and he has done well.

I hear the word streaky thrown around for just about every guy on the O's.

You know, almost every hitter in the league is "streaky." That's kind of how it works. You're never always at your best, and you're never always at your worst.

The ones that are relatively consistent throughout are the ones with 9-figure contracts.

Scott's will switch to DH once Reimold is up, so it won't have any effect.

That's the root of my question. We're assuming that if Reimold's ready, we'll easily plug LS at DH. Some players don't perform as well if they are soley a DH. I guess it's a mental thing. We don't know how Scott will adjust. I'm sure he'll be fine, but it's something to consider.

Reimold should come up next year and play 4-5 times a week.

He will be able to get 450-500 at bats that way and Scott will still be able to play in the field.

Having a talented player like Reimold may also make it easier to give Markakis a rest more often at DH.

Scott hasn't been on the field every day this year, and he has done well.

Scott's been great. But he's getting consistant AB's which he wasn't getting last year. Consistant AB's for him is a key for him. (Like it is for most hitters)

Scott's been playing a whole lot more this year than he did last year. (He never went on the DL last year) Just looking at the game logs, he started 57% of Houston's games last year. This year, he's started 77%. Also, there was a streak when he was banged up and had the flu.

I hear the word streaky thrown around for just about every guy on the O's.

You know, almost every hitter in the league is "streaky." That's kind of how it works. You're never always at your best, and you're never always at your worst.

The ones that are relatively consistent throughout are the ones with 9-figure contracts.

I don't even think the guys with the 9-figure contracts are that consistent. It's just that their set points are so high that the dips are better than most people's hot streaks.

Archived