If we are out of it by the All-Star game

Richmond Bird 9

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The PLAN is to not be out of it at the all-star game.

Hooray.  I have been such a huge fan of Dan's half arsed attempts to keep the Orioles relevant at the trade deadline in the last few years.  He gets so much value with out giving anything or future value.

The Orioles thinking they have a chance, unless there are some vast overperformances, is the worst possible outcome.  It's the double edged sword of keeping Manny around.

3 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Hooray.  I have been such a huge fan of Dan's half arsed attempts to keep the Orioles relevant at the trade deadline in the last few years.  He gets so much value with out giving anything or future value.

The Orioles thinking they have a chance, unless there are some vast overperformances, is the worst possible outcome.  It's the double edged sword of keeping Manny around.

I rather enjoy winning seasons here under DD and a couple of playoff runs, sure beats 14 years of hell, but what do I know.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

5 year with the best w-l in the AL is not a blip, thats not a bad run, of course, it wasn't long enough, but a playoff visit this year, should help remove the taste of last year's season.

14 years-----5 years-----16 years

The five years are a blip.

2032:  Hey remember that couple of years where the O's weren't a laughing stock?  Yea, was nice having them win for a change.  How old is Angelos now anyway?  110 or something?

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

5 year with the best w-l in the AL is not a blip, thats not a bad run, of course, it wasn't long enough, but a playoff visit this year, should help remove the taste of last year's season.

No baseball fan outside of Baltimore in impressed with two wild cards and a division title in five years.  No ring, no WS appearance.  Five straight years of not losing baseball, not even winning baseball, not losing baseball.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

2032:  Hey remember that couple of years where the O's weren't a laughing stock?  Yea, was nice having them win for a change.  How old is Angelos now anyway?  110 or something?

How the hell can you assume the next 16 years are going back and repeat history?

We could be sitting in Sarasota drinking coffee and saying, remember 2020, when the Orioles had 4 Aces in Bundy, Gausman, Cortes and Harvey, and old man Tilly pegged in the the 5th shot and was rock solid himself.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This post is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

No baseball fan outside of Baltimore in impressed with two wild cards and a division title in five years.  No ring, no WS appearance.  Five straight years of not losing baseball, not even winning baseball, not losing baseball.

Pretty much, what you can ask of your team, is meaningful games in Sept & Oct and be in the hunt.

And that was 1 ALCS and 1 ALDS, so thats a big more than just a wildcard.

5 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

How the hell can you assume the next 16 years are going back and repeat history?

We could be sitting in Sarasota drinking coffee and saying, remember 2020, when the Orioles had 4 Aces in Bundy, Gausman, Cortes and Harvey, and old man Tilly pegged in the the 5th shot and was rock solid himself.

How can I?  Because I was riffing off of this other post that I know you read.

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Some are worried it was a blip separating decades of futility. 

I'm certainly not saying it is going to happen, I'm saying some of us are seeing the same sort of behavior from ownership that caused the 14 year drought.

If the O's go on an extended period of irrelevance all they accomplished under Dan and Buck will lie mostly forgotten outside of Oriole fans.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

How can I?  Because I was riffing off of this other post that I know you read.

I'm certainly not saying it is going to happen, I'm saying some of us are seeing the same sort of behavior from ownership that caused the 14 year drought.

We are?

We have a GM that is mentally deminished due to health issues?

We have recycle managers in charge?

Nothing about this FO, resembles the laughing stock period of hell that was the laughingstalk of baseball.

Archived