The 18th ranked market in MLB just signed an RSN deal that will pay them 50m-82m a season. Tell me again how MASN doesn't make any money LOL

TradeAngelos

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t remember many people arguing that getting rid of Wieters was going to make our pitching better.

I remember a couple of posters that thought Matt was below replacement level and anybody at AAA could be promoted and do better. :(

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mrbig1 said:

My biggest fear is a bad losing season. I think the Nats who look strong once again will steal some of our young fans and I don't blame them. Getting rid of Matt Wieters was going to make our pitching staff better. our Pitching sucks and Matt was in the playoffs. They are the same size market and us just a lot smarter and a will to win.

That is a huge stretch, IMO.  Matt Wieters is neither the reason the Nationals were in the playoffs nor the reason the Orioles weren't.  BTW, Washington is a larger market than Baltimore.

2 hours ago, mrbig1 said:

My biggest fear is a bad losing season. I think the Nats who look strong once again will steal some of our young fans and I don't blame them. Getting rid of Matt Wieters was going to make our pitching staff better. our Pitching sucks and Matt was in the playoffs. They are the same size market and us just a lot smarter and a will to win.

DC has larger revenue streams with corporations and has higher income fans. Their market is a better market economically speaking, which is why Angelos put in a few options when he let them come into the market.

Youth departure is not much of an issue fpr now. Maybe in 15-20 years. Although attendance is heavily driven by families, the adults in the family generally push the attendance.  On top of that, DC metro area has already reconfigured itself largely by ease of attendance.  I am unsure if we would see much more movement any time soon.

Archived