vs. RED SOX, 4/13

OFFNY

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Or maybe he actually agreed to give Tillman a shot and was just wrong.  It seems like every time a decision goes wrong, there are some who then say well, that was not Dan...that was the owner, or Brady, or Buck...or Boog..(I was running out of Bs)..either way, since I don’t like to parse it,in my book,  the guy with the GM after his name and getting the paycheck for it gets the blame for personnel. 

You do understand Angelos runs things. 

Just now, Since'54 said:

What is not irrelevant is that our veteran centerfielder failed to run out the ball.  He slow-jogged to first and halfway to second before belatedly realizing the ball was in play.  Definitely cost a run due to lazy baserunning. 

Of course. I just think the umps missed this. The ball was sitting behind the tarp not moving. At that point it should be dead. 

9 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Davis shouldn’t be starting against lefties. Is Santander hurt?  Why isn’t he playing?

Doghouse for missing the cutoff man the other night?

Fear of putting him in the spacious RF at Fenway or having to play the Monster in LF?

Obsessive devotion to Chris Davis?

Just now, Since'54 said:

What is not irrelevant is that our veteran centerfielder failed to run out the ball.  He slow-jogged to first and halfway to second before belatedly realizing the ball was in play.  Definitely cost a run due to lazy baserunning. 

Not lazy, more mistaken... he thought that the ball was out of play.  He was running until the ball rebounded into the tarp, then slowed up.

21 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Doghouse for missing the cutoff man the other night?

Fear of putting him in the spacious RF at Fenway or having to play the Monster in LF?

Obsessive devotion to Chris Davis?

Didn't Buck blame MLB and their slippery balls for the Santander overthrow?

Archived