June 25th @ Northsiders

McNulty

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the thing I don't understand either. I guess they were overly optimistic based on Hernandez's and Bynum's brief but promising performances last season.

Or maybe they just realized that there was only so much that they could realistically accomplish in a single offseason, and finding a LT solution at shortstop wasn't possible. :noidea:

Ummm you can't get upset at a bad player playing like a bad player.

I guess I was overly hopeful after that appearance abt a week or so ago when he was throwing beautiful slow curves (was it against the Pirates?). Have seen very little sign of it since then. :(

That's the thing I don't understand either. I guess they were overly optimistic based on Hernandez's and Bynum's brief but promising performances last season.

Either that or people just think that because we live in a fast food society, we should have just visited the local shop and said "I would like a SS please, hold the k's, extra power and a rocket arm".

I'm sure AM will address this situation in due time, but it's not like there's a "Big Lots" out there on 33rd street with capable short stops just sitting there waiting for the phone to ring.

Jim beam black label because the Glorious state of Maryland feels that...

I'll betcha you cannot tell the diff between Jim Beam black vs. green if you don't know which is which... (it's a trick that my uncle, the Virginia judge, taught me... and if anybody knows about Jim Beam, it's Virginia judges...)

I don't think they were even considering Bynum as a possibility until after this season started. I don't think he spent much time at SS in spring training before he got hurt and he wasn't used much in the infield last year even though he was a better hitter than Fahey/Hernandez. He was just the desperation solution after they figured out their plan A and plan only wasn't working.

Archived