Trey Mancini is not an outfielder

atomic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I’m way more frustrated with Santander.

On the bright side, if O's management has any common sense whatsoever, he'll be sent down as soon as possible which is like in a week and Rickard will be brought up in his place.

He would not be an OF if one of Davis/Trumbo weren’t signed. 

I am not saying that anyone is blaming Trey for this but this is a classic case of putting someone in a bad spot and expecting them to succeed. 

Eat Trumbo’s contract and have him split time with Davis at 1B and DH. I like Trey but he is a complementary piece on a good team not someone you really build around.    

11 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

On the bright side, if O's management has any common sense whatsoever, he'll be sent down as soon as possible which is like in a week and Rickard will be brought up in his place.

Hard for me to imagine this doesn’t happen next week. I think Santander goes to AA and perhaps Hays moves to AAA.  

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I heard Thorne say recently that Mancini "continues to play a very solid left field."

Well I appreciated the two assists last night, but look who has the worst fielding score in all MLB according to Statcast's catch probabilities. 

And the Orioles are dead last in all of MLB.  No surprise to anyone on here.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/catch_probability_leaderboard?type=team&min=0&year=2018

18 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I heard Thorne say recently that Mancini "continues to play a very solid left field."

Well I appreciated the two assists last night, but look who has the worst fielding score in all MLB according to Statcast's catch probabilities. 

And I've heard Jim Palmer repeatedly say that Mark Trumbo is a respectable right fielder.   Even from the guys that should know better you gotta take it with a grain of salt sometimes.

8 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

And I've heard Jim Palmer repeatedly say that Mark Trumbo is a respectable right fielder.   Even from the guys that should know better you gotta take it with a grain of salt sometimes.

Our announcer corps generally considers that if you couldn't get to the ball, it's a hit, so it can't be held against the fielder.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:26 PM, LookitsPuck said:

This is the problem when the GM constructs a roster of mostly DH types: Trumbo, Davis, Santander, Mancini, Alvarez, Valencia and the list goes on and on. Hell, even Jones in this stage of his career is a corner OF'er at best and he's still parading around in CF.

Brady/Buck/Angelos pushed for Davis and Trumbo so blame them. Everyone else can be easily cut. And Jones has "aged," which is completely different. 

1 hour ago, Spy Fox said:

I really hate the way our announcers sugar coat the glaring problems with our defense.    Wake up and smell the coffee, boys!

Trey’s at times erratic defense in LF is pretty low on my list given the massive problems on this team.   That same group of “savants” stats shows him as 23rd in all of baseball in Barrels/PA.   But, yes, Trey needs to play more consistently in left or maybe a 1b slot will reopen at some point. 

Archived