New Manny Updates from Heyman

Rene88

Machado update: orioles are fielding calls and it’s more than just the cubs, who are said to have what it takes despite thinning prospect ranks (6 more teams r mentioned here). The biggest issue? Will Angelos allow any deal? “50-50,” guesses one person.

https://frsbaseball.com/mlb/orioles/heyman-calls-coming-for-manny-machado-but-trade-doubts-persist/

1 minute ago, ShoelesJoe said:

I thought Peter Angelos had ceded day to day operations to his sons. Anybody think that if they supported a particular deal that he'd veto it? I tend to doubt that. 

Nope, I think it was Tony's article that said that Pete has to sign off on big decisions.

Said it before, I'll say it again right here.  Very solid chance they don't trade him and he walks in the offseason.  I predict that Angelos vetos offers because they "weren't enough", completely failing to understand that a team won't want to give up a big package for a rental.  

I'm not going to bet the farm on that, but I'd bet the car.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Nope, I think it was Tony's article that said that Pete has to sign off on big decisions.

Said it before, I'll say it again right here.  Very solid chance they don't trade him and he walks in the offseason.  I predict that Angelos vetos offers because they "weren't enough", completely failing to understand that a team won't want to give up a big package for a rental.  

I'm not going to bet the farm on that, but I'd bet the car.

I’m with you. I’m am bracing for (and almost expecting) Angelos to veto a trade for that reason. It’ll keep me from taking up a torch and pitchfork when it actually materializes as the final scenario. Baby steps towards my ongoing sports sanity. Or “serenity now”. Either one suits me right now.  

11 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

I thought Peter Angelos had ceded day to day operations to his sons. Anybody think that if they supported a particular deal that he'd veto it? I tend to doubt that. 

Apparently his health was really poor for awhile, but he has recovered to some degree and is more involved now than in the offseason.

This article doesn't seem to offer new info....Braves?   MLB Network mentions them every day as having enough to get it done IF they want to.

If PA were truly the smartest man in the room, he would make it clear that he was going to auction off Manny and state that if the winner made the deal sweet enough, he would pay manny's salary.

He would NOT require SP or SS or anything else other than stud players and as many of them as possible.

Then of course he would hand Manny a blank check and say, fill this in on Nov 15 and it's good, but it has to cover your career here in Baltimore.

Sorry, this obviously goes in the random thought thread.

This season is a lost cause, and we all see it.  It Ownership and Management holds this team together based on some fantasy idea that "we have to keep the best team together," then they are in effect telling me that they don't care about getting better, they don't care about winning games, they don't care about the fans, and they don't care about me renewing my season tickets.

Its been 35 years since we've been to the World Series. The attendance is dropping like flies.  Fans are pissed.  And the games are no longer fun to watch.  (yet I still watch every night).  If Peter thinks keeping Manny is going to change any of this, he's more wrong than he has ever been since owning this team.

I have 10 more season ticket games left to go to this year, and honestly, I cannot find any reason to even be excited about going.  I'll go because I already bought the seats, but unless there is a solid plan to improve, this will be my last year as a season ticket holder.  

Archived