Scherzer vs. Orioles: how many K’s?

Frobby

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

That would be a feat, considering there's only 27 outs in a game (at least without extra innings).

If you dropped the third strike with no one and the batter reaches first base you can get more than 3 strike outs in one inning. 

41 minutes ago, atomic said:

If you dropped the third strike with no one and the batter reaches first base you can get more than 3 strike outs in one inning. 

Nobody’s ever struck out five in an inning in a major league game.   Maybe tonight’s the night!

I think the more interesting prop is: more HR or non-HR base hits vs. Scherzer.

Scherzer knows his stuff plays and just shoves it in there.  It is Camden and going to be almost 80 by gametime - some balls might fly.

I don't know when, but with his style, whatever year it starts to go for Scherzer, there's going to be a boatload of home runs.

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Wow, this could be brutal.  Scherzer’s at 13.6 K/9 so far this year.    I’ll venture a guess that we strike out 15+ times tonight.  

Who's leadoff tonight - Pete?  (Too bad DJ's on the DL - he could replace Danny)  Edit:  Wait, what?  Jace the Cajun Crusher!

Boom Boom - 1 K

AJ - 2 K

Manny - 1 K

CD - 3 K

Schoop - 2 K

Trumbo - 2 K

Chance  - 3 K

Joey - 2 K

Jace - 3 K

Total - 19

Edit:  Replaced Pete with Trey but same totals

17 minutes ago, atomic said:

Sherzer struck out 20 before in a 9 inning game. Tied for the record with Clemens and  Kerry Wood. Randy Johnson also struck out 20 in 9 innings but the game went into extra innings. 

Archived